Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help/Advice TTC Temping/OPK's

(4 Posts)
Modestandatinybitsexy Wed 24-Feb-16 11:44:24

Hi

I've been around a little while. Been TTC #1 for over a year, I have irregular periods and I've been tracking for a while.

I've just bought some OPK's and a basal thermometer. It's the first time I'm starting this and I was hoping some of you could offer any tips or advice you have for using these?

I've been looking online but there's so much information I'm a little overwhelmed!

Modestandatinybitsexy Wed 24-Feb-16 12:09:49

Also, at what point did you start thinking of drs appointments? As I said I've been trying for over a year now and I'm getting really frustrated.

I went to the drs towards the end of last year and had a blood test which indicated that I was ovulating and it was kind of left there.

What other help can they offer and do I need to take evidence in or prove something to them?

MagpieCursedTea Wed 24-Feb-16 12:20:57

I went the first time after a year but I have irregular cycles. I think if you're under 35 and ovulating then they'd want you to try for a couple of years. Do speak to your GP though, they might be able to test your partner and repeat your blood tests.

As for temping etc, I use the fertility friend app. I enter all my data into it and it works it out for me. I wouldn't be without it, makes life much easier! There's also little tutorials on their website that helps explain how temping works.

If you fancy having people to chat to about TTC, feel free to join us on the Bumsnet Bus thread. It's a friendly and knowledgeable bunch of women that have kept me (relatively) sane whilst TTC #2. There's women at all different stages of TTC and you'd be very welcome.

Modestandatinybitsexy Wed 24-Feb-16 12:37:33

Thanks Magpie

I use the fertility app Clue which is really good for tracking my cycle but the temp and other information would only be additional and I don't know how well it would chart it.

I think if this month isn't a lucky one I'll be going to my new drs, I think I'll need to inform them we're ttc anyway as I've moved surgeries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now