Stressing about ttc second child

(2 Posts)
lisa2104 Tue 23-Feb-16 13:19:44

I have a dd of nearly 3. We have never used contraception in around 8 years. I thought it took a while to conceive her but once I went to gp and he told me 'to get on with it' I was pregnant the next month. We have 'tried properly around two months and I'm not pregnant. I tried ovulation sticks which never came up positive but I stopped using them around the time I was meant to be ovulating as they were a bit of a hassle. Usually I'd be intent on trying around now as it should be near ovulation time but I don't know if I can bear not getting pregnant again. Dd keeps saying she wants a sister. Last night I told oh I didn't want to 'try' anymore but I do. All my friends from first time around are pregnant again and I'm really sad for myself although happy for them. Then I feel guilty because I feel so lucky to have dd. I don't know what to do. I have a cyst on my ovary as well and used to have irregular periods so I keep telling myself I won't get pregnant. I'm almost 35.

fortheloveofvintage Tue 23-Feb-16 15:30:44

Heya... It took me one month to conceive my first baby which ended in miscarriage. 3 more months to conceive my second which also ended in mc. 4 more months to conceive my only child (now 4!)... Took 2 months from coming off pill to conceive number 4 which ended in mc, and then 4 months to conceive number 5 which is at the moment a 9 week old tadpole (I hope!)

I know it's shit to not conceive quickly. I wanted a 3 year gap between babies but it didn't work out that way due to time it took to conceive then losing one in between.

But it WILL happen, just need to keep going...

I know plenty of people who have planned on having a baby by a certain age, then of course Mother Nature gets involved and it never works out that way unless you are super lucky...

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now