Talk

Advanced search

I think I'm going crazy - BFP 1 week after chemical pregnancy?

(7 Posts)
SuperwormTheThird Tue 23-Feb-16 13:06:08

Hi, I think I'm going crazy and could do with some advice/a slap round the head!!
I found out I was pregnant (unexpectedly) 2 1/2 weeks ago. Only showed on FRER but I did a few (okay, 6) over the course of a week. I was just starting to accept it when I started bleeding. Full period type bleed which lasted 4 days. Assumed it was all over but did another test last thursday to check and it was still positive (I was suprised because I've had chemical pregnancis before and tests went negative straight away). A day later I did a cheepie and went to the docs and did another there - both negative. All over.
Except my boobs have continued to be a bit sore. And today I have felt so nauseous. So stupidly I thought I'd test and there's a definite line. A bit fainter than last time but definitely there.
It's a week since I stopped bleeding. Does the hcg hormone really hang around this long after a chemical pregnancy?
Any thoughts?

smellsofelderberries Tue 23-Feb-16 13:22:36

I would be getting an emergency GP appointment and asking for bloods to be done. I know very little about ectopic pregnancies but it's best to be on the safe side.

SuperwormTheThird Tue 23-Feb-16 15:34:19

I felt a bit silly when I went to the GP on friday. It was actually the nurse practitioner I saw but she told me there was no point doing bloods as the urine test she did was negative.
I don't really want to make a fuss. I don't have any other symptoms of ectopic pregnancy.

SuperwormTheThird Tue 23-Feb-16 15:35:46

Sorry Smellsofelderberries, it sounds like I'm ignoring your advice. I'm not. Just mulling it over. Thank you for responding.

10storeylovesong Tue 23-Feb-16 19:29:35

My friend had similar and ended up very seriously poorly with an ectopic. She had no symptoms until she was rushed in with internal bleeding. Not trying to scare you but I'd definitely get it checked out.

Hope everything's ok x

SuperwormTheThird Wed 24-Feb-16 18:11:44

Thanks 10storeylovesong (love the name!). That sounds awful. Hope your friend is okay now. Did she think she had already miscarried before the ectopic?

I rang the GP's surgery late on yesterday and managed to speak to the community midwife. She didn't seem concerned and felt that my positive test was just due to using a very sensitive test and it was picking up leftover hcg. That's what I think too really but it's just very odd and frustrating.
I will keep a eye on myself though and get checked out if worried.
Thank for your replies.

10storeylovesong Wed 24-Feb-16 18:22:34

Yeah, she'd had bleeding and assumed that was it. She went into hospital a week later after collapsing.

There were some complications afterwards, but she's fine now. Has a healthy boy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now