Advanced search

Chickenpox and ttc

(3 Posts)
Thingywotzit Tue 23-Feb-16 12:54:28

My DD has chickenpox, a mild dose thankfully, started yesterday.

We've had problems over the last 2.5 years, with three mmcs, being slower to conceive each time. After months of waiting on appointments and results, we are ttc again.

I had chickenpox as a child, but I know you can (rarely) catch it twice.

I am mid cycle, and we've put in a good effort ttc over the last week or so grin.

I'm so fed up of not getting what I want <stamps foot> and got very impatient waiting to ttc while tests were ongoing (genetics/bloods/all sorts - all clear). I'm very nervous of further problems, but am keen to put that aside and continue as I'm not ready to give up on what I want.

I'm suddenly nervous about the CP though. Mid cycle, it's possible that it's too late anyway, but if it's not, the long CP incubation period is playing on my mind (7-21 days as far as I can tell). Would you hold off ttc for while in these circumstances?

smellsofelderberries Tue 23-Feb-16 13:24:20

I checked with a GP when I was TTC and the children I nanny for had chicken pox. She said if you've already had it, there is no risk, the risk is only when people haven't had it before.

Thingywotzit Tue 23-Feb-16 13:30:39

Thank you. I did think about calling the gp to ask advice, but I've realised that although they are nice, they are far from the experts in matters of ttc/preg/mc, so I wasn't sure how reassuring or helpful that would be! It's good to hear you had that advice though. I know I'll be fine really, just can't help worrying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now