Talk

Advanced search

TTC after MC - 18+ months on and nothing - anyone else? any success stories?

(4 Posts)
MyBlackCat Sat 20-Feb-16 19:16:37

TTC for over two years now, fell pg on third cycle but miscarried at 10 weeks. It took a good 6 months for my cycles to settle down to some consistency, but we started trying after the wtf cycle. 20 cycles on and nothing. I ovulate and have no blockages or underlying issues, DH semen is normal.

We are classed as unexplained infertility and have to have been trying for 2 years following MC before we can be referred for iui or IVF. We get one go at IVF. I really hope we can get pg before any intervention but quite frankly I've lost all hope. Everything has been focused on getting pregnant but at the back of my mind is always the worry that if we are lucky enough to do so that I may mc again. There is no way I could go through what we've been through over the last 2 years again.

Is Anyone else in the same situation or experienced anything similar? Does anyone have any success stories of conceiving after such a long time following a mc. Just would like some optimism to focus on please smile thanks x

Vickie360 Sat 20-Feb-16 23:25:43

Hi I had a miscarriage at 10 wks in 2014 then an ectopic pregnancy last year that ruptured and needed a tube removed. I'm now 19 wks and everything seems to be going well. Fingers crossed everything works out for you xxflowers

MyBlackCat Sun 21-Feb-16 08:23:29

Thanks for the reply vickie - hope you have a trouble free 21 weeks x

Metalhead Sun 21-Feb-16 10:45:24

It took us over a year to conceive DD2 after a mmc, whereas the two times before I fell pregnant on cycles 2&4. I have been on some long-time conception threads and there are plenty of women who get their BFPs (naturally or via IVF etc) even after 2 years+ so don't give up hope! Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now