Talk

Advanced search

Is this in the right place to be +ve?

(24 Posts)
PoppitFox Thu 18-Feb-16 12:49:06

Also is it to faint? Xx

Julieb85 Thu 18-Feb-16 13:46:26

Sorry but I think that's where the join is. The line you are looking for would be the same distance the control line is from the green edge, so halfway between ur arrow and control line.

How many dpo are you?? X

PoppitFox Thu 18-Feb-16 13:51:34

That's what I thought thanks! I'm two weeks late for my period! Tested negative 3 days ago with a different test! Xx

PoppitFox Thu 18-Feb-16 13:53:35

Sorry it was the same! But there's literally not a mark there which is why I wondered!

Julieb85 Thu 18-Feb-16 14:09:17

I got a glaring positive on those tests last pregnancy, however this time it was really really faint although a digital picked up 2-3 within seconds. Maybe try another make of test before you count yourself out. X

PoppitFox Thu 18-Feb-16 14:11:23

I actually have an ultrasound tomorrow so I'll just see what they say! I was only testing in the first place because I didn't want a surprise tomorrow but then I started to doubt myself. Whether it was +ve or -ve. Xx

Julieb85 Thu 18-Feb-16 14:19:43

Good luck...make sure you specifically ask at ultrasound. With DS I went in for an ultrasound to check my ovaries as I wasn't having periods. They failed to notice I was 6 weeks pregnant!!

PoppitFox Thu 18-Feb-16 14:22:46

Oh my gosh really? They're scanning my ovaries and uterus because I've been having a lot of pain!

How could they miss you being pregnant?! Cx

Julieb85 Thu 18-Feb-16 14:49:49

I really have no idea. They told me that day I had suspected PCOS and prescribed me provera and clomiphene to help conceive. A week later I found out I was already 6 1/2 weeks!!!

Maybe they just look at what the are doing and don't pay attention to the rest?!!

PoppitFox Thu 18-Feb-16 19:06:47

So so strange!!! You'd think they would just check!!

haveacupoftea Thu 18-Feb-16 19:59:11

Let us know the outcome when you retest smile

PoppitFox Thu 18-Feb-16 20:31:48

Will do! Xx

PoppitFox Fri 19-Feb-16 11:40:15

Started bleeding this morning. Now I'm really anxious to go for this scan!! Hope they onto want to do it abdo not tv! Think I'll refuse if it's tv tbh! Xx

PoppitFox Fri 19-Feb-16 11:44:43

Only*

haveacupoftea Fri 19-Feb-16 13:42:54

Hope you're ok Poppitfox flowers

PoppitFox Fri 19-Feb-16 16:42:12

Okay so it's not good news! Massive cyst on my right ovary! I'm freaking out! I let her do the tv scan in the end because she needed a closer look!

Helloall1 Fri 19-Feb-16 16:53:09

Hi poppet.

I completely understand how you feel!!
I had a scan this time last year which showed a huge cyst on my right ovary, but it just disappeared on its own, with no issues.

Had a check up last month and still clear.

I know it's scary, but it's good that they've found it and can monitor the cyst with regular scans to check it is shrinking etc.

Lots of info online about cysts.

Good luckflowers

PoppitFox Fri 19-Feb-16 17:00:28

Oh my gosh that's good to hear (sorry it happened to you though!)

How big was yours? If you don't mind me asking and was it causing you symptoms? Xx

Helloall1 Fri 19-Feb-16 17:16:28

I can't remember exactly, around 5/6 cm I think.

I was getting dull aches, but no pain.

My scan was to check everything was OK, fertility wise and so was shocked and worried when told I had a golf ball size cyst!

PoppitFox Fri 19-Feb-16 17:28:58

Mine is 6.5/7cm

I've had a lot of severe pain and random bleeding which is what triggered the scan!! Xx

Helloall1 Fri 19-Feb-16 18:04:58

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Have they suggested any treatments or are they monitoring the size? X

PoppitFox Fri 19-Feb-16 20:23:52

She hinted that it might be surgery but said my GP will refer me to the gynae and they will tell me more. I hate the not knowing!! Xx

Nospringflower Fri 19-Feb-16 23:31:16

I had a cyst that was 10cm. No symptoms but they found it when I was being investigated for infertility. They said they would monitor it and I might feel a popping sensation if it burst. When I went back it had gone and I hadn't felt a thing!

PoppitFox Sat 20-Feb-16 08:03:26

Oh I'm glad you didn't feel anything! She said that because I'd presented with symptoms it's likely they will drain it :/ xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now