Talk

Advanced search

Question about OPKs

(6 Posts)
GinIsIn Wed 17-Feb-16 08:17:17

Sorry if this is an obvious question - we just started TTC #1 so v new to this! When you use an OPK, I know it says if there's a faint second line that still counts as negative, but does that mean you are closer to ovulating than if there's no second line, or is there always a little bit of LH present so you pretty much always get the second line a tiny bit, IYSWIM? Thanks!

dementedpixie Wed 17-Feb-16 21:50:29

Do you really need to do all that? We just had sex regularly and hoped for a bfp. I have never tested for ovulation and have 2 children (planned)

JoMalones Wed 17-Feb-16 23:09:19

I always have two lines but the test line gets stronger leading up to ovulation then fades again

Sanch1 Thu 18-Feb-16 06:08:54

You always have a low level of LH so will often get a faint second line, it surges before ovulation, hence the darker lines.

Sanch1 Thu 18-Feb-16 06:09:16

You always have a low level of LH so will often get a faint second line, it surges before ovulation, hence the darker lines.

GinIsIn Thu 18-Feb-16 23:05:39

Thanks all!

dementedpixie - after 16 years on the pill my body is all over the place so my GP suggested I monitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now