Talk

Advanced search

Trying again after MMC

(4 Posts)
AKP79 Mon 15-Feb-16 16:27:16

We sadly experienced a MMC over Christmas after TTC for 10 months. We had a pretty horrible time of it, but have decided that we are ready to start trying again.

I've read that fertility increases after a miscarriage, but mine dragged on for a month in total. I had medical management on New Years Eve, which was only partially successful and then had an ERPC a few weeks ago.

I know you should wait until after your first period as a rule, but having chatted to a friendly midwife, she said it's only for dating purposes and to 'crack on'.

So, I'm wondering whether anyone else has had the same experience and whether they found success from being 'extra' fertile?

JoMalones Mon 15-Feb-16 20:12:32

Hi APK. There is a ttc after mc post, might be worth asking on there. I heard you are more fertile in the 6 months after mc. We too had a MMC in December. This is our third cycle since, the first I had to have additional medical management due to haemorrhaging so that there was no chance then, last month it didn't happen and now 2ww. I hope it happened for you soon.

AKP79 Tue 16-Feb-16 07:48:12

Thank you JoMalones. I didn't know what the time period was for increased fertility.

I've seen the miscarriage thread and those massive threads really confuse me! I think I'm a bit too slow for them! :-)

riddles26 Tue 16-Feb-16 17:19:59

Sorry you are going through this. I had a mc in Dec 2015 after trying for 2 years.

There is some research that suggests that you are more likely to conceive and have a successful pregnancy within 6 months. However, I am trying not to think about it as it will only make me even more upset if I don't fit into that group. I hope I don't sound pessimistic, I do hope I will conceive soon but am terrified of the disappointment and pain so choosing not to think about that and just continue trying.

The ladies on the mc thread are lovely - please consider joining (you don't need to read it all!) I don't get the time to come on here everyday so only dip in and out but they are very welcoming and supportive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now