Talk

Advanced search

opk nearly positive now negative

(12 Posts)
FedUpNowPleaseHelp Fri 12-Feb-16 18:57:14

Hi my opk was nearly positive and is now negative did I miss the positive or am I now not ovulating?

FedUpNowPleaseHelp Fri 12-Feb-16 18:58:36

Tests

FedUpNowPleaseHelp Fri 12-Feb-16 19:50:19

???

Fruitbatyogi Fri 12-Feb-16 20:19:26

Quite possible you missed the LH surge, or the ursine you tested was too dilute - I can never do that not drinking thing for 4 hrs pre testing - always forget

FedUpNowPleaseHelp Fri 12-Feb-16 20:46:39

It was an alright hold with not much to drink hopefully I just missed the surge but stud enough smile

ZazzlesTheCat2 Sat 13-Feb-16 08:52:13

How often do you opk fedup?
Are you sure you're due to ovulate? I'd be expecting slightly darker ones before I get the positive and yours look still very light (although it could just be the pic)

Wardrobespierre Sat 13-Feb-16 08:58:04

They don't detect ovulation, merely a surge which may precede ovulation. So you might have picked up an unrelated surge or you might have missed ov. You can test in a morning and get a neg and ov that evening and vice versa.

Any other signs of ovulation?

Metalhead Sat 13-Feb-16 10:29:13

Agree with zazzles, none of those look anywhere near positive to me. From my experience I'd say you're yet to ovulate so keep testing.

StarkyTheDirewolf Sat 13-Feb-16 23:02:16

I wouldn't have said you've ovulated yet op, none of those look near positive to me. Keep testing. I've can attach a pic of about two weeks worth of my opk progression so you can see how dark they get if you'd like?

FedUpNowPleaseHelp Sun 14-Feb-16 21:05:01

That would be great thanks smile

StarkyTheDirewolf Sun 14-Feb-16 21:20:38

Right, so, the days marked with red is when I noticed my peak, all yellow marked ones were taken over the course of the next 24 hours, those are definitely positives. Green marked ones are the day after.

I have quite a high natural level of lh so from the end of af I do at least one opk a day to keep track because last cycle I had several days when I had two dark lines but they weren't positives. All of these are slightly lighter than when they were actually taken because they're dry. A positive test line will sometimes be darker than the control line. It's really confusing though, especially if you're new to opk's. Hope that helps, I've only just got to grips with them myself! smile

FedUpNowPleaseHelp Mon 15-Feb-16 17:20:28

so according to my temp chart I have ovulated, maybe the OPK were not picking up enough of the hormone when I tested or it was a faulty batch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now