Waving the witch off and starting afresh.. Buddies welcome!

(557 Posts)
DrMum83 Wed 10-Feb-16 22:10:57

Wondering if anyone wants a buddy?
I'm ttc #2 (DD 13m)
Just finishing AF and embarking on cycle 2

Come shove 2 fingers to the back of the witch and let's count down to O and POAS psychotically in a few weeks...

I'm going all out this month with SMEP, pressed, EPO, OPKs....

StarkyTheDirewolf Wed 10-Feb-16 23:39:31

Hellooooooo drmum I'm ttc #1, cycle 2 (of ridiculously long cycles, cycle 1 started December 5th!) In the tww which actually lasts anything from 2.5 weeks to 4 weeks. 11 dpo. Been opk-ing like a champ! Epo ready for cycle 3. Thinking of ordering some balance active conceive gel. Been trying for eod dtd from cd 6 onwards.

KatOnATinRo0f Wed 10-Feb-16 23:50:10

Hi Dr, hi stark
im Kat,
TTC1,
just finished AF, embarking on cycle SEVEN :'(
got my OPK strips
not tempting CBA with that
got some "fertility gel" by "fertility check" from boots... haven't successfully used it yet. may give a go this cycle.
going to try for dtdamap (i just made that acronym up)

DrMum83 Thu 11-Feb-16 07:39:25

Hi Stark and Kat...

Stark - have you tested yet?! I started testing from about 8dpo last time. Sounds like you've done everything you can pretty much. Fx'd for a BFP
Kat - I cba with temping either. Can't fathom what dtdamap is... Doing the deed....?
Hope it's lucky number 7 cycle for you

Mimilicious013 Thu 11-Feb-16 09:05:44

Hello ladies,hope u don't mind me joining.have just began my 8th cycle,on cd6.have had so many highs and lows but kinda feeling hopeful this month.will be doing the smep with extra dtd when i can.also taking baby aspirin.fingers crossed for lots of BFPS by the end of the cycle !!

SuchaJem Thu 11-Feb-16 09:49:01

Hello all smile

TTC 1
Cycle 2
CD 17

Tactics - DTD as much as poss! I've used Pink Pad for years so I know my cycles well. Reliably get EWCM once a month too, so I have a good idea of when I'm ovulating.

Currently in TWW, symptom spotting like a crazed woman grin

Cosmomouse Thu 11-Feb-16 11:35:19

Can I join :-)

I don't get regular periods but am attempting to ttc #2 (ds1 is 13 months)

Am going to start vitex to see if it can help regulate my cycles a bit smile

DrMum83 Thu 11-Feb-16 11:39:38

Welcome all!
Mimi- think I'm CD 9 but I had 3 weird spotting days last week so I could be cd6... Not sure but never spotted before so I was getting excited about ib until the witch came... We can POAS in a few weeks together! grin

Sucha - here's hoping for this month! Is Pink Pad an app?

DrMum83 Thu 11-Feb-16 11:40:44

Hey Cosmo- warm welcome! My DD is 13 months too, let's hope we get some luck this month!

StarkyTheDirewolf Thu 11-Feb-16 11:57:11

dr I think it's doing the deed as much as possible grin I haven't tested yet, I won't test till af is due/late. But due to the alarming regularity of when in my cycle my boobs get sore I can put a solid wager on me being out. grin

DrMum83 Thu 11-Feb-16 12:46:59

starky when are you due? I seriously don't know how you can resist testing. Are you 12 dpo? I'd be all over that today.

StarkyTheDirewolf Thu 11-Feb-16 13:29:27

Not till the 21st Feb dr So another week at least even if af is early. 2 weeks if she decides to be late! 'Cause my boobs are hurting I can tell I'm out, it's always the same time and the same type of lumpy swollen sore bits appear. 12 dpo today. I'm usually much more cheerful than this! I purposefully won't have frers in the house!

DrMum83 Thu 11-Feb-16 13:38:52

starky - you never know! Fx'd for you that your preggo boob changes mimic your normal cycle boob changes!

StarkyTheDirewolf Thu 11-Feb-16 14:24:31

That would be cruel of mother nature, but absolutely lovely dr grin fx.

Mimilicious013 Thu 11-Feb-16 15:13:25

It would be nice to have a poas buddy dr and share our bfp.will be testing around the 5th ,if i can wait that long.
starky you are strong willed dear .at 12dpo id be poas on anything.fx for u

KatOnATinRo0f Thu 11-Feb-16 18:23:02

Hi how is everyone today? Had a busy day at work so haven't had a chance to check nonworkrelatedthings
Still waiting for the egg to get its move on

DrMum83 Thu 11-Feb-16 21:05:32

Evening all!
I'm also awaiting for the egg to move kat - I'm cd9 today. I'm a late ovulator too so at least another week but gonna start dtd tonight I think...!

My ultra competitive best friend is also ttc, I love her but she thrives on competition and is constantly trying to figure out my cycle days, whether we're ttc etc. Not sure how to handle her not-so-subtle enquiries into when we might try for dc2. At the moment I've said 'at some point in the next year or so'... as I desperately hide the millions of peed on opks which litter my house

KatOnATinRo0f Thu 11-Feb-16 23:46:37

Oh man, a competitive friend is really not what you need with TTC.
I'm only CD4 so have a while to wait yet.
Are you supposed to read OPKs straight away... I like to keep them and line them all up next to each other, but worry that the ones from a few days before aren't showing what they are supposed to.
Stark u r strong willed. I don't know how u do it star

StarkyTheDirewolf Thu 11-Feb-16 23:57:51

Definetly not what you need, goodness, I had a friend with that kind of attitude once, gets very old, very quickly! Poor you drmum

mimi I'd drive myself spare if I tested, don't get me wrong, it's definitely driving me up the wall, but I'd spend a fortune on tests and wind myself up something rotten!

kat I leave them about 5-10 mins and go back to them. I love lining them up next to each other too.

Cd 29. I getting the startings of cramps now, boo hiss boo body!

ohnonotanother1 Fri 12-Feb-16 08:51:58

I'll join you guys!

We only agreed that we'd start TTC yesterday so I'm still excited and nervous, rather than going insane. Took us about 6 months last time but we have a 9 month old now so I daresay that we won't be dtd as much this time so will probably take longer. I also had an emergency c section last time, not sure if that makes it take longer the second time??

Having a weird period this month, first proper one off the pill. It's a bit stop start but I think it properly started yesterday eve so CD2 for me.

Good luck everyone !

KatOnATinRo0f Fri 12-Feb-16 10:06:40

I'm going to keep them in a little book this month. I've decided ill snip off the dipped-in part and then tape them in a book and write down the time and date and how long held

KatOnATinRo0f Fri 12-Feb-16 10:11:00

welcome oh! its really nice to see that there are some other people that have been TTC for a little while (I know not you this time, but last time took 6/12 for you)... I'm on cycle 7 and got a bit despondent that on other threads i was on people popped up and said hi, then were preg within a few weeks. need a haven.

iwillbemrsminty Fri 12-Feb-16 10:13:25

I'll join too guys!

Age 34
TTC #1
Cycle 1 since withdrawal bleed from coming off pill
CD 25

Using Ovia, AF due next Monday/Tuesday. DTD every 4 or 5 days at moment due to DP's work shifts but will be on it when he comes of shifts in 2 weeks!

Good luck everyone!

iwillbemrsminty Fri 12-Feb-16 10:17:06

Oh I am roughly in the same place cycle-wise as you having come off the pill last month, you're just a few days ahead. Can't wait to get this AF over with so I know cycle length after the pill.

ohnonotanother1 Fri 12-Feb-16 11:05:54

kat I know what you mean, it did get annoying that everyone else in the world seemed to be instant upduffers. It's funny because the month I came off the pill we went away for a weekend over what I expected to be my ov dates, dtd lots and I couldn't see how I could NOT be pregnant. FF 6 months and I started with the usual spotting and cramps that I get from 2 weeks before AF, threw a tantrum and made a Dr appt to get it checked out and I was preg. Couldn't have been more surprised. Turns out I ov loads earlier than expected so my honeymoon did the trick...

iwillbemrsminty yay we can be period buddies. gross haha. I'm intrigued by my cycles, went straight on the pill after giving birth so no idea whether to expect the same as before or a whole new pattern. I'm a lot more relaxed this time, though I'm sure I'll be obsessing over squinters 3 weeks from now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now