Talk

Advanced search

2 weeks late negative hpt... anyone else?

(17 Posts)
mariah3737 Fri 05-Feb-16 05:10:19

So, I should have gotten my period around the 20th of January (last one was Dec 15), its now 2 weeks late. Taken 4 hpts (last one this morning) and 2 days ago went to planned parenthood where they just did a urine test--negative. Has anybody else had this happen being 2 weeks late? Also, I'm NEVER late. So this is the main reason I feel I'm pregnant, yet getting negative tests.

My boobs are achy, and a little fuller, but they don't hurt to touch. Started feeling a bit nauseous sometimes, mainly after I eat. And some foods just upset my stomach the last couple days, giving me more bathroom trips than I'd like and its not the runs but its softer (sorry tmi...) which is almost a relief because I've been a bit constipated..(again tmi hah, agh)

Just tonight I started cramping a bit, but more of a pressure right above bikini line and almost a warm/burning sensation? And like I said, I've had a bit of an upset stomach after I eat, so its been bubbling a bit (which has now stopped) and thats when the cramping started too. I'm just laying down, trying to relax, and the cramping/burning pressure is still there and its kinda making me feel like I'm about to pee, but I just went like 10 min ago so I know I'm empty. I haven't had a real noticeable amount of more frequent bathroom trips so that would be new.

Anyways, thats all thats going on. I just feel different, plus with my period this late, I don't know what else would be happening other than me being pregnant. Has anyone gotten negatives still many weeks into pregnancy? How can I know for sure if I am? I've heard of times that a blood test is negative, then 2 weeks later positive. So I dont want to waste my time and hope if that will probably be negative too, if its just too early. Is my only choice to wait it out?

Mimilicious013 Fri 05-Feb-16 19:28:17

Hie mariah,sorry for what u are going through.it is worse than af arriving becoz at least u know u can start a new cycle again.hope u don't mind a wait-in-agony buddy coz i am 11days late too,af due the25th and have had 6bfns.don't know whether to wait for af of keep hoping a surprise bfp will just pop up.will try to hold of poas this weekend till monday.i got a little hope from a lady on our thread who got a bfp today on like cd43.(i have never been late either)fx for u!!

mariah3737 Fri 05-Feb-16 20:45:13

Yea! Just not knowing sucks. Even if we were to go to the doctor right now, and come up with negative tests, thats still not for sure. I've heard of quite a few people going to get urine AND blood tests done at the dr and they're negative until they go back two weeks later. We just need to wait it out then..

I guess theres a lot of women in the same boat as us. Thats awesome she finally got a positive. Definitely gives some hope. The posts I've seen are saying they got positives just after/around 2 weeks, so I'm hoping it'l be any day now. But others have also been much longer.. AHH.

Good luck with yours! I'll let you know when I find out whats going on. Please do the same!

haveacupoftea Fri 05-Feb-16 23:08:07

Yeah, I'm ten days late roughly and getting negative tests. Had some spotting for a few days earlier this week but nothing substantial, or even requiring even a panty liner. I have no idea what's going on...my GP took a swab to check for infection which she says can affect your period.

MrsIronicHide Sat 06-Feb-16 12:43:13

I'm in a similar situation and it is driving me crazy. I ovulate early (day 8 to 10 on CB digital although opk showed no solid smiley face this month just 9 flashing smileys) I had some spotting on day 11-13 (just needed panty liner but a couple of small clots)...then had some v light spotting on day 24 for about 3 days. I thought that was my period starting but it never came. It's now cd41. My period usually comes around day 27. I have lost count of the number of bfns! I was convinced I was pregnant cos I was getting stomach cramps and lower back ache. But now just lower back ache. Just had a smear test and that was fine. Assuming that the second lot of spotting was a v light period. Now just want AF so we can try again. Got docs appt for end of Feb so will see where I am then. Basically telling myself I am not Preg but gonna do a test once a week till AF comes.

Mimilicious013 Sat 06-Feb-16 16:12:18

Cd40 here its a nightmare.woke up feeling cramps and thought af had finally come but nooo,nothing.Here is hoping that at least one us here will get a late BFP !! Fingers crossed ladies X

mariah3737 Mon 08-Feb-16 05:38:41

Well it seems like AF came.. 2 nights ago but it seems like it is about to be done tonight already. when normally its 5 days. This whole situation is very abnormal, but it doesn't look like I'm pregnant..

Mimilicious013 Mon 08-Feb-16 08:56:34

Af got me too yesterday.at least its ended the misery of not knowing.spent lots of money on hpts.best of luck dear on your next cycle.baby dust to you !!!

MrsIronicHide Mon 08-Feb-16 19:10:10

Sorry to hear that ladies, but at least it means you can finally try again. I started spotting (again) yesterday so I think AF has got me too. Sigh. Bigger sigh. My Boots advantage card must read like a record of tragedy - HPT, HPT, more expensive HPT, long gap in spending, panty liners, tampons!!! Ah well, fingers crossed for us all this cycle. Xx

Mimilicious013 Tue 09-Feb-16 08:00:50

Thanks mrsironic.u made me laugh out loud now haha.its nice to know im not the only insane one.buying plenty hpts like its going to change the outcome !!ttc madness !!

MrsIronicHide Tue 09-Feb-16 18:28:43

I'm glad Mimi! We have to laugh! Well my spotting is getting heavier so looks like definitely is AF. This month has been so weird. I was so convinced I was pregnant as well. Ok well - here's to next month. Baby dust to you all xx

Mimilicious013 Wed 17-Feb-16 14:33:48

His ladies. Hope u are all doing well and that you are gearing up for a new cycle. Fx

AliceScarlett Wed 17-Feb-16 19:54:57

Maybe you ovulated later than usual then as your luteal phase is fixed, it caused a longer cycle. Were you stressed or ill around the time you usually ovulate?

Becciilouisex3 Thu 18-Feb-16 07:51:31

It's definitely possible you are pregnant and still getting negative results. It all depends on when you actually conceived. It takes time for HCG to build up in women, some more than others. I was lucky to get a BFP the day before AF was due but ice hear of women not getting positive test until they are due! I can't imagine anything more frustrating that not getting AF or a BFP but don't lose hope because it's more than possible you are pregnant. 2 weeks late especially is really quite late. The only thing you can do is keep testing every 2 days so the HCG has chance to build up in your system. I'd use a First Response as they're generally more accurate and always use the first pee of the day, you're more likely to get a positive and you don't want to get a negative just because your pee is too diluted!

Course I would never tell you you're pregnant and get your hopes up, of course, I don't know and neither do you unfortunately! But we all definitely know a late period is a late period and you know within you what is normal for your body. It is DEFINITELY possible. smile

Becciilouisex3 Thu 18-Feb-16 07:52:40

So sorry ladies I only just saw the part of the post where AF reared her head!

Best of luck for the next cycle ladies!

MrsIronicHide Thu 18-Feb-16 08:53:04

Thanks Becci and Mimi. I'm currently poas everyday for ovulation. hope this is a good month for us all x

Mimilicious013 Fri 19-Feb-16 04:57:54

Good luck mrsironic.hope this is your month.ttc sure is a rollercoaster ride!!I haven't got down to dtd much this month as planned as sil is in hospital and dh is stressed!! Having myself a drinking spree tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now