Talk

Advanced search

Opks

(4 Posts)
Julieb85 Mon 01-Feb-16 12:03:26

Looking for some guidance/reassurance on OPKs. Whilst trying to conceive ds1 (which took 2 years) I used the clear blue ovulation a sticks. I used to get smiley faces all the time, which turned out to be false as I wasn't actually getting any periods or ovulating! Anyway, TTC #2 and thought I'd try internet cheapies as I'm not sure I fully trust them to waste so much money now. I got a negative OPK yesterday morning, then a positive last night. So we dtd'd. I can usually tell based on ewcm but haven't had this yet - do OPKs predict before You usually notice other signs? Or is it maybe a false test?

We have a DS so trying to dtd pre-ovulation after reading on how to maximise chances of a girl.

Sanch1 Mon 01-Feb-16 16:02:07

I used OPK's. I never had any other signs of ovulation that I noticed. A positive OPK means you are likely to ovulate in 12-36 hours time so you may not get EWCM for example until 24 hours later. I'd also DTD tonight and tomorrow to maximise chances.

Iwonderif Tue 02-Feb-16 16:19:27

Echo what Sanch1 wrote. I get two lines but one slightly paler than the other but no EWCM. I know I'm about 24-48 hours away from the peak as that's when I get two lines of exactly the same colour and that's roughly when EWCM arrives. It changes so fast. I use Internet cheapies too. I also start to get the niggly OV pains on about day 6-8 but I don't ovulate until 11-13.

Julieb85 Tue 02-Feb-16 17:14:49

Thanks ladies. I guess I'll just keep an eye out on that ewcm! The 2 lines were def the same on OPK a few days ago. But negative the next morning. I guess we'll just keep going and cross our fingers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now