Talk

Advanced search

2016 Mission to prove wrong diagnosis.

(3 Posts)
Disco68 Sat 30-Jan-16 10:09:36

5 years ago i stopped my pill and never got my period. I felt my body going through changes and would joke that I was going through the menopause. 3 years after no period I got the diagnosis of Premature Ovarian Failure. I was only 24.

The low libido, vagina dryness, hot flushes, increased depression all made sense. I eventually agreed to take HRT - this medication send me round the bend and resulted me having a breakdown. Iv been given anti depressants that i now wouldn't be without making me feel somewhat normal again and cope with my diagnosis.

July 2015 I met my boyfriend - I eventually told him about my POF and he supported me and has stuck by me. However I know the low sex drive effects him. So I started trailing the internet for ideas. I'm now 27 and if I don't try and do something now to help with my symptoms then it maybe to late.

It's not that I don't believe the doctors and my diagnosis of POF but I just wanna be sure that I tried everything before it's too late. So the mission to find my period begun....

I started taking Vitorize, Multi Maca, Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen from the Forever Living range. I noticed a marked improvement in my mood and a slight reduction in my hot flushes.

I then saw great comments on acupuncture - this I started 4 weeks ago!! My hot flushes have reduced massively to very mild to some days none at all. Libido seems to be improving along with the Vaginal dryness. I absolutely love acupuncture now - always can't wait for my next appointment and acupuncturist always gives me great advice on my diet and health.

As I can see an improvement - I feel a little hopeful!!! I'm not naive - this could be helping my symptoms of my POF and that anyway I would thankful for cause it has caused me a lot of discomfort and upset over the last 5 years but I'm hopeful that soon a period may appear and if it does I'll be over the moon.

Just wanted to see whether anyone else out there has been in the same position - has acupuncture helped you or what has helped you?? I'd be very interested to hear all stories!! Thank u

FattyFishwife Sat 30-Jan-16 19:39:39

havent got any experience of this, i just wanted to say congrats on finding something thats helping you flowers

katieferg81 Sun 31-Jan-16 14:44:21

I had a couple of accupunture sessions last year and my practitioner told me a story about a lady who hadn't had a period for 3 years had accupunture and then got her period in the car driving home from the session. Fingers crossed for you your 20s is very young for the diagnosis you've been given and I hope alternative therapies trump medical diagnosis for you this year xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now