Talk

Advanced search

Missed pill -HELP

(5 Posts)
aliceelauraa Sat 30-Jan-16 09:03:39

Hi everyone, so the last two days I have had a sickness bug and my mind wasn't with it so I forgot to take my pill. Usually I've I forgot to take it I bleed within hours this time after 2 days the is no bleed. I'm am so scared that I could be pregnant as I already have a 14 month old and a 4 month old and that is more than enough. Someone please tell me that pregnancy might not be the case. Tia x

GiraffesCantDoMentalArithmetic Sat 30-Jan-16 09:15:40

It might not be the case flowers

Only one way to know for sure though. Just put your mind at rest so you can stop worrying - you've got enough on your plate with 2 young DC!

Sunnydays321 Sat 30-Jan-16 09:23:48

It depends if you have had unprotected sex recently, ie taken your pill properly in the last couple of months. Being ill can delay your period. Take a pregnancy test, if it is negative follow the advice on the below nhs website about what to do if you miss a pill, because if you have missed two pills you are at risk of getting pregnant in the next 7 days.

www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception-guide/pages/miss-combined-pill.aspx

There is more info on the website about progesterone only pill.

SweepTheHalls Sat 30-Jan-16 09:25:27

Emergency contraception also works for 72hours, which you may still be in the window for. You can buy over the counter at most pharmacies.

Iwonderif Sat 30-Jan-16 09:27:48

It's been a good many years since I was in the pill. Just didn't want to read and run. Like the other post states I would just do a test. Hopefully it's because you've been poorly that's send everything a bit wonky. Our bodies can do very odd things. Let us know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now