Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Suprise positive pregnancy test?

(19 Posts)
RachyBla Thu 28-Jan-16 15:49:34

Out of curiosity because i had a really odd period a few weeks ago and odd pregnancy like symptoms I took a cheap pregnancy test this morning (1st wee) and theres a 2nd pink line, I've attached a pic so you can see. so took a clearblue digital this afternoon (3rd wee) and it said no. I've got another one of the cheapy ones and a clearblue that I'm going to do in the morning. I've never even had a faint 2nd line before and I don't really know what to think. I don't think i believe this test? (We're not really ttying to conceive, using the well if it happens it happens withdrawal method) what do you think?

Iwonderif Thu 28-Jan-16 15:56:43

Often the withdrawal method leads to BFP when the man doesn't withdrawal in time. I would test with morning wee in the morning but I can definitely see another line and even if it's faint it's still positive. Early morning wee may give a stronger line. Hope it's the result you want. flowers

ButterIsAngelSpunk Thu 28-Jan-16 16:20:01

Made made your last period odd?

RachyBla Thu 28-Jan-16 16:50:03

Thanks Iwonderif we were meant to be waiting til next year to try. I'm definitely going to do another test in the morning.

ButterisAngel my last period was odd as its usually very regular with a certain pattern to cramps boob aches etc. but this time it came a week late after 2 weeks of light cramps which is unusual because I normally cramp just as it starts. The flow was very light on what is usually my heavy days and heavier on what usually are my light days and after it stopped Ive got a kind of tender feeling where cramps usually are and my boobs are still achy and they feel sort of bloated if that makes sense x

SnozzberryMincePie Thu 28-Jan-16 17:02:17

The bleed you had sounds like implantation bleeding to me and that is definitely a line. I hope this is good news flowers.

melonribena Thu 28-Jan-16 17:28:26

I think it looks positive too.

Dragonberry Thu 28-Jan-16 17:33:56

Snozzberrymincepie it could have been. When it started I had literally sat on the loo about to take a urine sample to test but then there was blood so I didn't.. hmm before I start getting excited I'll wait see what clearblue says in the morning xxx (it'll be good news if i am pregnant smile flowers

MNetter15 Thu 28-Jan-16 17:37:51

I used those tests on my pregnancies and that line was my early bfp's, about 2 days before any other test showed a positive.

Did the line appear within the time frame? (5 mins, I think)

missybct Thu 28-Jan-16 17:40:55

Looks like a positive to me! flowers Try again in a couple of days, or perhaps with a First Response.

thisismypassword Thu 28-Jan-16 17:44:41

Congrats!

ButterIsAngelSpunk Thu 28-Jan-16 18:01:27

If it was a few weeks ago it was probably a proper period, then you would have ovulated roughly two weeks after that so I reckon you're up-duffed! Congratulations!!

Dragonberry Thu 28-Jan-16 18:15:51

Mnetter15 the line appeared after a few mins maybe about 3 mins then darkened slightly by 5 mins and I put it down thinking I was imagining it and then took the photo 10-15 mins later, it seemed to have got fainter by then. Ive just had another look at it and there is still a little line there but both the lines have changed colour and got skinnier x
thanks missybct! I'll see what happens in the morning have got the Dr's next week for something else so will mention it to her as well x

Dragonberry Thu 28-Jan-16 18:46:30

It could be either i suppose. Thanks butterisangel!

Dragonberry Fri 29-Jan-16 09:23:36

I took two test this morning both negative.

Dragonberry Fri 29-Jan-16 09:38:31

took two test this morning both negative.

Rememberallball Sat 30-Jan-16 13:06:00

Clear blue are far from being the most sensitive tests around (especially the digital ones) so, in the early days, they don't always pick up positive results. Better to try a First Response Eatly Result one or Superdrug early result one.

Dragonberry Mon 01-Feb-16 11:40:53

Thanks Rememberallball I've ordered a pack of first response early result from amazon. I've got the Dr's tommorrow morning so will take a sample with me and see what she says. I think I'll only be a little disappointed if I'm not cuz we are supposed to be waiting til next year x

Dragonberry Tue 02-Feb-16 09:08:43

Dr's test is a BFN. Must have messed up doing the test somehow!!

Dragonberry Tue 02-Feb-16 09:09:07

(As in me not the dr)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now