Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to conceive with a very long cycle?

(6 Posts)
eggsinthefridge Mon 25-Jan-16 21:16:29

I am currently on CD74. Since coming off the pill January 2015, my cycle has been very long and irregular. The shortest was 50 days and this has been the longest cycle.

I have been monitoring for signs of ovulation, and got a positive OPK today after having watery CM yesterday, and egg white today. But really, is there any point? Dh and I DTD anyway, but am I just going to be disappointed because what quality is the egg going to be? The internet has been overall very negative about the chances of successfully conceiving with cycles as long as mine, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and what their experience is.

thingsarelookingup Mon 25-Jan-16 21:20:12

I have long cycles, not quite as long as yours but they are usually about 6 weeks long. I had no problem at all falling pregnant once I used OPKs and DTD at the right time as you are. Good luck!

thegiddylimit Mon 25-Jan-16 21:20:52

Best thing you can do to get pregnant? Shag every second day all through your cycle. But speak to your GP and ask about your likely fertility as well and maybe get a referral (whst was your cycle like pre-pill?).

eggsinthefridge Mon 25-Jan-16 21:40:05

We have been DTD once ever 3 days on average, which I think it the best we are going to get! I have a referral to a fertility clinic and had an internal scan to check for PCOS, but they found no indication of this. At my next period I will be having bloods done to check hormone levels. Pre-pill, I had a very regular 29 day cycle, although that was about 8 years ago now!

Reassuring things that it worked out well for you!

IHeartKingThistle Mon 25-Jan-16 21:45:10

Mine were around every 6 weeks. It took 6 months to conceive DC1 but about 2 days with DC2. Good luck!

eggsinthefridge Mon 25-Jan-16 21:59:59

I'm on a course of acupuncture with the hopes of my cycle length reducing somewhat. But I am reassured to hear that it can happen! Thanks for the responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now