Talk

Advanced search

late ovulation- when shall i test?

(3 Posts)
MSHOG Mon 25-Jan-16 14:36:20

Hi everyone,
We have been ttc for 4 months. Iv been using cheap ovulation test strips from the internet and also last month I started using clear blue advance fertility monitor.
I normally ovulate around CD16 of the 31 day cycle, but this month I got 20 high days on CBFM with no peak!! and a peak day on CD 22 on the cheap test strips.

I'm due on my period today and normally have a few days of spotting before, but iv not see any sight of anything yet. Iv taken a preg test this morning and it was negative. Anyone had anything like this?

LuckyinOctober Mon 25-Jan-16 19:48:39

My cycle is 31/32 days based on the last two months, used OPKs last cycle for the first time and got a peak at CD19. My spotting started on CD31, or 12dpo.

Do you know how long your luteal phase is? Average is 14 days, 12-14 is normal. So I probably wouldn't expect AF/spotting or do a pregnancy test until you're more like 12dpo at least, you're currently 9dpo from what you've said so probably too early for either AF or to get a positive - unless you have a short luteal phase normally, which it doesn't sound like you do if you usually ovulate on CD16.

MSHOG Mon 25-Jan-16 20:45:58

I think my LP is normally 14 days.
It's weird that I ovulated so late this month. I'm normally very regular.
Iv been massively symptom spotting and trying to convince myself that I am pregnant.
How long have you been trying?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now