Have I missed my window?

(11 Posts)
shopaholic85 Sat 23-Jan-16 10:40:55

Hi all,

This is my first month TTC after an early mc. Unfortunately, my DH and I are living apart, so I have decided to use ovulation tests and check CM this time. But I think I started testing too late and missed our window. Can anyone help? I'm on CD19 today and normally have a 30-31 day cycle.

CD1 - mc bleeding
CD7 - BD
CD10- BD
CD11 - negative pg test
CD13 - BD
CD14 - sticky/creamy CM
CD15 - creamy CM and positive ovulation tests (test line slightly lighter than control)
CD16 - EWCM and positive again (test line still slightly lighter than control)
CD17 - Sticky CM and negative ovulation tests
CD18 - Sticky CM and BD

Do I have a chance of getting pregnant this month? We only BD on CD 7,10,13,18. And is there any way of telling when I ovulated?

Thank you! smile

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 23-Jan-16 11:00:46

You would normally ovulate within 24-36 hours of the peak of LH. Assuming this was between your two positive ovulation tests on days 15/16 then you would likely ovulate on CD16/17.

Therefore sex on cd18 was probably after ovulation, but sex on cd13 was 3 to 4 days pre ovulation - there is a chance of getting pregnant from this. The best days to have sex in this cycle would have been 14/15/16/17.

You can't know for sure you ovulated without temps

shopaholic85 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:13:00

Thank you so much! I will definitely start temping next month, if BFN. So all rests on CD13. That's better than nothing.

Rememberallball Sat 23-Jan-16 14:26:46

The only caution I would extend is that, if opks were lighter than control line, it can't be called positive - the instructions are clear that a positive is when the test line is the same colour or darker than the control line. If yours were lighter then it's possible you were building up to ovulation but didn't peak so didn't actually ovulate.

Good luck for this month.

shopaholic85 Sat 23-Jan-16 16:02:12

Thank you Remember. It's so hard to read the internet cheapies. The one on CD15 looked like the same colour and then I started to doubt what I was seeing. I should really have been testing twice a day but so hard to find the time during the week when working.

Will report back once AF is due.

shopaholic85 Sat 23-Jan-16 16:09:36

This was my opk on CD15. Is that a positive?

Rememberallball Sat 23-Jan-16 17:43:01

I would say it's 'almost' the same colour but it is hard to tell over the recommended time for testing - my ic's are 10-20 minutes test window. I fond switching to clear blue ovulation tests worked as flashing or fixed smiley face are easy to read!!

shopaholic85 Sat 23-Jan-16 18:03:58

Thank you. I took the photo after testing before discarding. And realising now that buying the cheap ones were a false economy. Will pick up some digital ones for next time,

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sun 24-Jan-16 13:57:54

Looks like a positive to me. I would suggest that if you're temping too then you will get confirmation that your opks were right or wrong and the cheaply opks will therefore serve you just fine.
As an aside - my positive opks are never quite as dark as the control line, but I know I'm ovulating as I've confirmed it with temps (and two Bfps!)

shopaholic85 Sun 24-Jan-16 16:39:14

Thank you! Do I need a special thermometer to temp?

Rememberallball Mon 25-Jan-16 15:56:58

Get onto Amazon and look up their babymad bbt thermometer - only costs £5 and next day delivery on Prime!! Basically you need a digital thermometer accurate to 2 digits after the decimal point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now