Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trying again after ERPC

(4 Posts)
Stickyjellybean Fri 22-Jan-16 19:50:28

Just posting for advice/other peoples experience. I had a mmc in December, found out at 10 weeks the baby had stopping growing at 6 weeks and had ERPC on 16th Dec and bled for 5 days. I was told I should have a negative pregnancy test 2 weeks after bleeding stopped, had a positive on 2nd jan and then negative 9th jan. It's been just over 5 weeks since ERPC and no AF yet.
We've been trying again (didn't want to wait until after first period) although work shifts and stomach bugs mean we haven't been very consistent in trying the last two weeks, so I don't have much hope that we've caught this time.
I know we just need to wait and see what happens but it's hard and frustrating not knowing. I guess I was just wondering if anybody else had gotten pregnant straight after ERPC or how long it took for AF to come after it?

Pocket1 Fri 22-Jan-16 21:43:31

I'm sorry to hear about your mc and erpc thanks

I've not quite been in the same boat so can't offer any advice, but wanted to say that I too had a mc followed by an erpc (following our first round of ivf). Two ivf rounds later we got our BFP... And we now have the most beautiful DD. I hope similar luck comes your way soon smile

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Fri 22-Jan-16 21:56:31

Sorry for your loss.

I had a bleed about two weeks after my erpc and luckily got pregnant straight after that. Ds is now 3.6.
After my next mc, (not missed and no erpc needed) I conceived before my period. Dd is 15 months.

Apparently you are most fertile just after a pregnancy has ended (whether by birth or mc). That certainly rings true for me.

Good luck! thanks

Stickyjellybean Sat 23-Jan-16 00:02:55

Thanks for the replies, I'm hoping AF doesn't show and I am pregnant but just have to wait with fingers crossed I guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now