Talk

Advanced search

Sharp stabbing pains 11dpo

(4 Posts)
oasis123 Wed 20-Jan-16 19:55:30

hi, I was hoping for some advice. I am 11 dpo and ovulated on day 13 of my 31 day cycle. On Sunday I started getting a pulling niggling feeling around my belly button and since had been experiencing stabbing pains all around my lower stomach increasing in severity to the point that I called my gp this evening. I have never been pregnant before and was wondering if anyone knew if these pains are good sign/ normal or worrying? The pain was bad enough this evening that I was physically reacting to it. Thanks

LuckyinOctober Wed 20-Jan-16 22:58:56

What did your GP say? I had a similar experience on day 24/25 of my 32-ish day cycle, not this time, but on both previous cycles. On the first cycle I was pregnant but later miscarried; on the second I tested negative for pregnancy but went on to have a weird period - weird in that it was 3 days spotting to start followed by 3 days of heavy pink bleeding (my idea of normal is 4 days of red bleeding which is slower on the first day, heavy in the middle and slower again at the end). So I don't know, but from my experience I think my pain was implantation/ attempted implantation which could mean yours is too. My worry is it wasn't possible to rule out that my pregnancy was ectopic - for ectopic pregnancy severe pain is one warning sign (mine bordered on intolerable). Your GP will hopefully have been able to reassure or offer you further care though? Sorry I don't have a definite answer or advice (would have said seek medical opinion but you've done that already) but thought it might help to share experiences.

Jc23071994 Thu 21-Jan-16 12:22:51

Hi all i am 4 days late for my AF due on sun 17th Sunday 17th... I have no signs of pregnancy an no signs of my AF arriving .. Usually suffer from really tender breasts running up to my AF (usually 4-5) days before and constant backache that worsens right up untill my AF arrives.. My boobs have been fine i had a smear of brown discharge in my underwear yesterday morning and nothing since ..( sorry if tmi)  i have also suffered from cramps in my back but they keep coming and going and are no were near as bad as my usual AF back pains... I took a clearblue test monday NEG result ... I have done a repeat test also today also negative!! Wondering whether anyone else has had this problem but had successfully concieved or whether i may just be really late (usually always ontime regular 30 day cycle) any advice on anyones previous experiences with pregnancies.. With baby number #1 i cant remember any symptoms or signs so abit confused... Thanks ?

Jc23071994 Thu 21-Jan-16 12:23:13

Also forgot to mention had some niggly pains in stomach too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now