Talk

Advanced search

Frustrated TTC for nearly 2 years

(13 Posts)
JES12 Tue 19-Jan-16 20:33:17

I all, my partner and I have been TTC for nearly two years. I got pregnant last Jan but unfortunately it was a chemical pregnancy. We are booked for tests but I guess I wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? So frustrated with it all and feel like giving up!

Lily35 Wed 20-Jan-16 19:32:18

Hi Jes
Your situation sounds very similar to mine. TTC for 2 years now.
I too got a BFP after 18 months - unfortunately it ended in a MC at 8 weeks.
I've had HSG (which I think may have helped get my BFP as it was 3/4 months before that.
Tests showed I had a stenosed cervix and a tilted womb and partners sperm was ok.
Have you had all these tests?
Doc gave me Clomid to start and the month before I was due to take it I got my BFP. They've advised I take it now and I'm on my first Clomid cycle!

Lily35 Wed 20-Jan-16 19:33:42

I just saw you are due for tests - what are they going to give you?

JES12 Wed 20-Jan-16 22:18:53

Hi there, thanks so much for the post. I really really hope you get your BFP soon. I'm booked in for day 3 and 21 blood tests and my partner is having his sperm tested. Does this sound about right?

I'm in total denial about it all and need to do some proper research.

Lily35 Thu 21-Jan-16 07:59:37

Yes sounds all about right! I'm off for my day 21 test today - it checks for progesterone level which tells you whether you ovulated. This should always be 7 days after you think you ovulated.
When I had my initial blood tests I don't think I went in on the right days so was getting some low scores. The docs assume everyone has 28 day cycles and it just isn't true!
How are your cycles?
You should then go for the HSG which puts dye in your tubes to check for blockages. It isn't as bad as it sounds either!
I'm on Clomid to assist with ovulation so there are lots of things they can do to 'assist' you if everything looks ok....
I would suggest your partner takes conception tablets if he isn't already. They worked wonders for my other half.

Sakura03 Thu 21-Jan-16 08:18:18

Hi Jes, I'm in the same situation, had my first BFP in May last year but miscarriaged at 6.5 weeks. My dp has just had a SA which came back normal and Ive had repeat day 21 bloods (going in for day 3 bloods next week) done on Tuesday plus swabs and was checked for rubella immunity as well, next step is a HSG. I hope there isn't a long wait for this procedure at my hospital...

Lily35 Thu 21-Jan-16 09:09:51

Hi Sakura
The HSG shouldn't be too long - I only had to wait few weeks. Definitely worth it when you get it as they say if tubes aren't blocked it can still remove any dirt etc and meant to be more fertile for 3 months after. Good luck.
How were your progesterone levels?

JES12 Thu 21-Jan-16 20:51:37

You won't believe how much this is helping me. I don't like to talk about it to my friends as I feel embarrassed - this is like therapy.

My cycles are regular, well between 24-28 days. I am using the clear blue ovulation sticks so know when my LH surge is. My period has came today so another month bites the dust

Lily35 Thu 21-Jan-16 21:06:36

Another month to try though smileThat's what I say to try and stay positive. I find a lot of my friends don't get it and most seem to get pregnant very easily! It's hard to watch when it's not happening to yourself.

If you are getting surge then that's good news! I was as well but have been given Clomid to assist ovulation. Lots of things out there to help. Good luck!

When are you in for your bloods?

JES12 Thu 21-Jan-16 21:27:34

My friends are the exactly the same, much easier to keep it to myself.

I'm going to book my bloods tomorrow now my period has arrived. I'm going to research clomid too!

I really hope we all get our BFP soon.

Lily35 Thu 21-Jan-16 21:44:56

The ball is rolling this month! Good luck for this cycle!

AmyC86 Thu 21-Jan-16 21:49:16

Ladies, you should all join us on The Bums net Bus:Destination BFP.

All the ladies on there are in the same boat & we have lots of experience, information and therapy for those who have decided not to mention it to family etc xx

JES12 Thu 21-Jan-16 22:05:19

Thanks Lily - good luck to you too and thanks for the advice. Amy, thank you to you too, I will look now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now