Talk

Advanced search

Can you help decipher this test?

(4 Posts)
Mollydog88 Tue 19-Jan-16 07:22:12

Morning all - I'm a couple of days late this month and have just been feeling...odd - super bloated, almost like my skin is throbbing and ready to 'burst', moods all over the place, tea tastes odd.

Not actively ttc but not preventing so took a test this morning that was in the bathroom cupboard from maybe 4-5months ago but don't have the packed so I'm not sure what it's meant to look like!! There's the usual control line but then a faint horizontal line as well - do you think it should have two vertical lines?!
I think it's from boots...obvs will get another this eve but I now have to teach y11 all day and can't concentrate!!

Rememberallball Tue 19-Jan-16 08:19:25

I'm pretty certain that those tests are designed to have a second vertical line about the same distance from the other side of the test window. There is something horizontal on the picture but I think it's a red herring and not a positive.

I know you're not ttc but do you know when you ovulate in your cycle? It's possible you ovulated later than usual which would make af due later too.

Good luck for today - both with poas and teaching yr11!!!

Whatdoidohelp Tue 19-Jan-16 11:09:18

The horizontal line is just part of the material/paper in the test and where ur one has been soaked up and where she has settled. Two parallel lines are required for a positive test. Sorry but that is a bfn.

Mollydog88 Tue 19-Jan-16 15:51:02

Thanks both - I thought as much but am slightly relieved! Just wish af would hurry up, I feel absolutely ginormous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now