Talk

Advanced search

False negative or early miscarriage? Anyone else had similar?

(10 Posts)
LizzieLouLouBelle Thu 14-Jan-16 11:06:38

Hi

I'm new here, so hello, pleased to meet you!
I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar as I'm feeling very unsure right now:

The DH and I have only recently starting TTC, so weren't really expecting anything to happen straight away, however AF who was due to visit around the 2nd (cycle fluctuates a bit, so give or take a day or two), didn't show up and as last week went on I realised I'd been feeling pretty sick and headachey for 3 days with very tingly (not sore) nipples, so took a test on Thursday and got a BFP.
After the initial elation over the weekend I though I'd better do a second test to be sure and so on Monday I decided to retest and got a BFN. Same thing on Tues.
Still no AF, still feeling pretty sick, headachey and the nipples are now very sore.

So, I'm assuming either the two BFNs were wrong (different brand to the first), or it's an early miscarriage. If it is the later, when should I expect AF and how long for the symptoms to go away?
I did do another test this morning (same brand as the first), but obviously wee'd on it a bit to enthusiastically and got an error.... Now out of tests....

Any thoughts, or similar experiences??

Thanks

elliej83 Thu 14-Jan-16 11:11:13

Has AF visited yet Lizzie or have you had spotting?

LizzieLouLouBelle Thu 14-Jan-16 11:17:07

No, still no AF and no spotting either.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 14-Jan-16 11:21:10

Test again with FMU.

elliej83 Thu 14-Jan-16 11:27:29

I would test again and probably make a Drs appoibtment. A false negative is much more likely than 2 false positives unless AF had been or there was at least some spotting I think.

LizzieLouLouBelle Thu 14-Jan-16 11:37:40

Any advice on which brands are best? I'm out of tests now so will need to get more. I did a quick look yesterday and there seems to be conflicting info on whether certain brands are more reliable than others or not.

Rememberallball Thu 14-Jan-16 17:49:41

Pink dye tests are thought to be better than blue dye tests and FRER or Superdrug for which are thought to be most sensitive. CB, especially the digital ones, are amongst the least sensitive tests.

LizzieLouLouBelle Thu 14-Jan-16 19:13:37

Okay, thanks. The BFNs were CB so that makes me feel better. I bought some FRER on Amazon earlier, being delivered this evening (finally justified that Prime account!) so will test again tomorrow morning with one of these. Fingers crossed.

LizzieLouLouBelle Fri 15-Jan-16 07:26:49

The test with FRER was definitely a BFN. So I guess it is a miscarriage. AF is now 2 weeks late, anyone who's been through this know when it might arrive and when the nausea and headache might ease?

fuzzywuzzy Fri 15-Jan-16 08:29:17

Lizzie I think you need to ring your GP, they might suggest you go to your local hospital early pregnancy unit, I was sent there when I had a miscarriage.

I'm so sorry you're going thro this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now