Talk

Advanced search

Not sure what to do...

(2 Posts)
elliej83 Thu 14-Jan-16 10:52:47

My heads a bit of a mess so just wanted to chat this through with you lovely ladies.

We've just had a chemical pregnancy which has been more traumatic than I expected. We get married in July and my hen do is in June.

My partner wants me to stay off the pill now as we are being referred to the hospital as is my 3rd miscarriage. I'm not so sure. I'm concerned this may happen again before the wedding or that if I am in early stages of pregnancy I won't be able to enjoy the hen do. This didn't bother me so much before as we were going to have to put off conceiving for a long time when I first came off the pill but now it's just a couple of months in not so sure.

I don't know if the doctor will still refer me to the hospital if we aren't actively trying though?

LuckyinOctober Thu 14-Jan-16 19:48:51

A few thoughts for you.

Can you and your partner use condoms rather than go back on the pill until you do feel ready to try again? That way you can start whenever you like rather than wait for the pill to leave your system.

Could you ask the GP whether you can be referred for follow up on recurrent miscarriage even if not actively TTC? Arguably, it might make sense to say you want to wait to TTC for emotional reasons and get tests done first for physical reasons?

Or, how important is it to you to be fully honest with your GP? Could you just not mention that TTC is on hold and accept the referral for tests?

Whatever you decide, sounds like you and your partner need to have a heart to heart about this and he needs to understand more about how you're feeling about it.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now