What is going on? Sorry may be TMI

(6 Posts)
Spikeythistle Wed 13-Jan-16 04:04:57

So I'm 30, came off the pill in Nov after 10 years. Had a with drawal bleed and then a period in Dec. We aren't actively TTC but just going to go with the flow and see what happens.
Period was 2 days late and I was feeling a bit sick. Took a test which was negative. I now have a browny watery discharge but no sign of my normal period. No cramps and feeling fine. What is going on? Anyone else had something similar? Thanks

Elsie212 Wed 13-Jan-16 20:43:38

I'm really sorry but to me it sounds like you either had a miscarriage or were still trying to get into a normal cycle from coming off the pill.

As far as I understand it, your HCG levels would have dropped if you had a chemical preg & miscarried, hence no BFP.

I hope someone else comes along - they may soeak more sense than mesmile

Mslg Wed 13-Jan-16 20:47:18

I would say it's just your cycle getting back to normal. It takes a few cycles for them to settle down after coming off the pill.

It doesn't sound to me like you've had a miscarriage (and what a horrible thing to say to someone). In my experience of MC, the blood would be fresh, red blood and would be heavy.

BirdsInMyPants Wed 13-Jan-16 20:53:48

Eh?! Wtf?!

How can someone on MN diagnose a miscarriage on that information?!

Jesus wept. OP don't listen to that uneducated bollocks, it's totally unfair to suggest that to you.

Coming off the pill can really play havoc with your cycle. It can take month ago adjust back to normal. Just chil out and see how it goes (easier said that done! wink

Junosmum Wed 13-Jan-16 22:30:42

It does not sound like miscarriage/ chemical pregnancy. Sounds like your cycle getting back to normal after being on the pill, can take a while. OR it could be implantation bleeding, but that's rare and unlikely.

Spikeythistle Thu 14-Jan-16 07:34:59

Thanks for the replies. My period has finally shown up. Will wait and see what happens with it next month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now