How to not go mad?

(4 Posts)
sparkleshine83 Tue 12-Jan-16 11:03:25

Hi all,

I'm 32 and have just started trying to conceive. I've been really afraid of even starting to try because I have PCOS, endometriosis, possible pelvic scarring... I've been lucky so far in that my periods are back almost immediately after coming off the pill to 28-29 days regular, ovulation test shows I'm peaking with LH as expected, it's only been two months of trying.

My question to all you lovely ladies is, how do you not go mad whilst trying? I'm aware logically and rationally that two months is nothing at all, the GP said 6 months rather than 12 to wait if things didn't happen before coming back to them because of my previously known conditions but also that regular ovulation was a really good sign. My problem is that I am obsessing over it. I've taken too many pregnancy tests. I am struggling not to dwell on it. I'm constantly monitoring every last change of my body, I suspect I might actually have conceived last month but not implanted because I suddenly had indigestion, mouth ulcers which I never get, and a strange sort of uterine ache, no breast changes though. I keep thinking about it all every day. My SO is hugely supportive but at the same time he doesn't understand, he says helpful, logical things like 'The best thing to conceive is to relax' and 'It's not going to do you any good worrying about it' . The trouble is it isn't his body, he doesn't have constant reminders or sensations. I'd talk to my sisters about it all but two are not in that phase of their lives yet and my other sister is kind but frustratingly fertile. She conceived on her wedding night which was the same night she stopped using conception, not even joking, and the second baby she conceived whilst on the pill - it turned out it was the wrong dosage, but still!

I know I need to chill but I don't know how. Any tips? Any rules for how to cope and not over think it all, like not taking early pregnancy tests or similar? I'd love to hear any advice you have!

MrsSHolmes Tue 12-Jan-16 12:56:20

I was making myself sick with worry. Googling all sorts, ttc threads, pregnancy tests before my period was due. It doesn't help you. You don't have to be relaxed and you'll always worry but stop with these boards as much, I have, I've stopped looking at my fertility apps every hour and stopped taking pregnancy tests unless I'm late. Worrying and doing all this doesn't slow things down but doesn't speed it up. In getting into reading more to take my mind off things. Good luck

sparkleshine83 Tue 12-Jan-16 20:07:22

I just did a test and it was positive. Talk about weird timing! Now a new set of anxieties to consider...

...woo!

Flamingoblue1 Tue 12-Jan-16 21:20:38

Congrats sparkles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now