Talk

Advanced search

Anyone using Clearblue Fertility Monitor

(3 Posts)
Summeblaze Tue 12-Jan-16 00:40:03

I am TTC #4 on cycle 4. First month using the monitor. Usually have a 27 day cycle but no idea when I ovulate. I started getting a high reading on day 7. Is this too early. Will I definitely get a peak and if not does this mean I'm not ovulating.

It's all so confusing. I tracked my temp last time but my sleep patterns are all over the place so don't think that will work this time.

Thanks. X

rockhopper365 Tue 12-Jan-16 12:12:33

Hi summeblaze, I'm using the CB advanced fertility monitor. Used it last cycle and got a BFP, though sadly had a mc at the weekend at 5wks.

The high means your oestrogen levels have increased, which can happen several days before ovulation. 24-48 hours before ovulation, your LH levels should rise, which is when the monitor shows a peak. If it detects LH, it always shows 2 peak and then 1 high day before going back low.

When high and peak display will depend on your cycle. I think most women have a luteal phase (i.e. between ovulation and first day of AF) of between 12 and 16 days, though it tends to stay around the same length for an individual. So high now doesn't sound like it's too early.

I'd keep testing and chances are you'll get peak just before mid cycle

VillageFete Tue 12-Jan-16 14:08:54

summ I use the clearblue advanced fertility monitor, only used it 2 cycles (would have been 3 but I forgot to reset it when I got AF) Stick with it, it worked fine for me on the first cycle but i've heard countless stories of it not working properly the first month you use it as it's getting to know your body/hormone levels etc. It always works normally on the second cycle. Follow the instructions to the latter and i'm sure you'll find it works great.

rock Really sorry to hear of your misscarriage. I hope the monitor works again the next time & that you soon have a beautiful bouncing baby. Really hoping it works me this month, although I have PCOS so hoping my "peak" days are accurate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now