Talk

Advanced search

Quick question re ovulating

(8 Posts)
Katiekins90 Mon 11-Jan-16 13:05:47

Afternoon, just wondering if anyone can help.

I had my contraceptive implant removed on the 30th December, didn't get a regular bleed whilst on it was here and there and then for weeks at a time. When I had it removed I was bleeding lightly, the next five days I bleed heavily so assumed this was maybe my period.
I'm using the ovia app which is suggesting if this was a period I will be fertile now until Friday, I'm also using ovulation sticks which where showing the control line and nothing else until yesterday where I'm getting a faint line.
So my question is today after having my morning wee when I wiped there was a tiny amount of pink blood, such a small amount I would of not noticed it if I hadn't looked. Then nothing at all for the rest of the morning and still nothing now.
Any idea what this was? Should mention we are been ttc and have been having regular intercourse.

Thank you in advance for any replies smile

Shemozzle Mon 11-Jan-16 13:27:24

The bleed you had wasn't a proper period it was what is called a withdrawal bleed. I made this mistake when mine was first removed, I entered it into my fertity app, and then when I didn't have a period a month later I was in turmoil thinking I was pregnant and waiting for ages. And then when I did get a first proper period the withdrawal bleed I'd entered completely
messed up my predicted fertile window and I nearly missed it entirely! The best way you can predict ovulation without a previous cycle to continue to use the ovulation sticks. I wish i'd used them earlier. Not sure what the blood speck was, could be impending ovulation. Are you checking CM?

Katiekins90 Mon 11-Jan-16 13:47:15

Thanks for replying, a withdrawal bleed explains why it was so quick as I was told could take up to 6 weeks to return to what was "normal" for me.
My cm is thick and creamy atm no idea what this means?!
Just had a tiny amount of pink blood when I wiped again but it's sort of stringy (tmi sorry) no idea what's going on with my body!
If you don't mind me asking how long was it until you had a period after your implant removal?

Shemozzle Mon 11-Jan-16 19:48:39

I was really similar to you, I'd started having light monthly periods on the implant after no periods for the previous year. I was having one of those light periods when it was removed but instead of it going away it turned into a full heavier 'period' that lasted another week. The proper period came just over a month later. Less than 6 weeks but if you include the withdrawal bleed I suppose not far off. You will ovulate before the period though so you have a chance of getting pregnant before then but knowing when it is is nearly impossible!

Checking CM is a really good indicator of fertility. When it is clear and stretchy you are a few days from ovulating and that is the best time to have sex. Thick and creamy is not fertile but if you've had no line on the ov stick and now a faint one it may be coming up. I've tried them for the first time this month and they went from very faint and built up darker and darker until it was darker than control and then started to fade again. So if it's gone from nothing to faint then it could be around the corner.... Unless you're already pregnant that is. smile

Katiekins90 Mon 11-Jan-16 20:07:36

Thanks for you help, I guess I'm paying the waiting game then. I've been having a faint line on the ovulation sticks for a few days now and their not getting darker so no clue their either or what the small bleed was!
Hope you get a positive result soon and thanks again for your help flowers

Katiekins90 Wed 13-Jan-16 10:01:24

Just to update, tested with a ovulation stick today and two lines both very dark smile it's two since implant removed.

Pointlessfan Wed 13-Jan-16 10:04:35

I sometimes get faint pink blood on the loo roll when ovulating, could it be that?

Katiekins90 Wed 13-Jan-16 10:25:05

It might have been, makes sense actually as I was having faint lines when testing then today a strong line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now