Can you ovulate without getting a positive opk?

(11 Posts)
Snowdog37 Sun 10-Jan-16 16:00:14

FF says I am now 3dpo and I have had all the physical signs of ovulation, but my ic opks have all been negative? Is it possible to ovulate without a positive opk? I've not liked these sticks as they don't really ever get darker than the control line, in fact they are mostly about 75% as dark even on the day before FF says I ovulated. Should I go on my body symptoms or on the tests, and in that case am I not ovulating? I'm going to try clear blue smiley faces next month I think.

queenoftheworld93 Sun 10-Jan-16 16:09:03

Yes I believe so!

Snowdog37 Sun 10-Jan-16 17:09:01

That's a relief! Dr Google says the same thing. I probably missed the surge. Hopefully we dtd at the right time to have a chance of catching the egg! I took soy isoflavones this month so if I did ovulate on day 10 that's early and I really hope the egg was good enough!

queenoftheworld93 Sun 10-Jan-16 17:09:51

Yeah I got a +OPK in the afternoon and it was gone by the evening! Good luck smile

Snowdog37 Sun 10-Jan-16 17:23:11

Thanks queen 💐🍻

Vap0 Sun 10-Jan-16 18:21:20

Hi
I have only had about 4 positive opk's in 28 months of ttc, no idea if I was actually ovulating or not? I have conceived 3 times in the last 5 months (finally something started working with my insides) and have not had a line on the opk's even half as dark as the control line (over important days would test every time I went to the loo sometimes using 6 sticks a day). So, in answer to your question YES you can ovulate without a positive opk. I did use the CB flashing smiley ones on one of the months when we conceived too which did give a positive which was a relief as opk was so pale and negative although when I ejected the stick it was very faint still. If you don't react well to the ic's it's probably not worth the heart ache of thinking you're not ovulating. The CB are expensive at £2 per stick but that's nothing for being relaxed. Hopefully this one will work out but if not I'll be back on the CB ones.

P.s. A lot of people say they get lines on opk's all the time no matter the month. Don't let that make you think your insides aren't working as it may just be the sticks don't work we'll for you.

Best of luck thanks

Snowdog37 Sun 10-Jan-16 18:29:55

Thanks Vap you've really helped settle my anxiety 💐 It's so hard to keep rational and calm when ttc and I'm driving myself nuts thinking things are wrong when maybe they're not.

PotteringAlong Sun 10-Jan-16 18:32:21

I had blood tests and was told I hadn't ovulated. I got pregnant that month so even the bloods were wrong...!

Snowdog37 Mon 11-Jan-16 10:51:53

Thanks pottering it looks like I definitely ovulated 4 days ago. My temps are going up slowly and I'm feeling toasty so fingers crossed we dtd in time!

SunnyDays1987 Mon 11-Jan-16 15:06:49

I only ever got one positive OPK and I managed to conceive (on a different month). I found temping to be so much more useful. Good luck!

Snowdog37 Tue 12-Jan-16 17:57:29

Thanks 💐 My temps are still going up so fingers crossed all is well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now