Talk

Advanced search

What do you think?

(3 Posts)
Question123 Sat 09-Jan-16 21:10:55

I will be 30 this year and would like to start a family. I have only been in my current job for 3 months and my partner is self employed. I know we could save up and be able to manage. I'm just not sure about not having been in my job for long? Has anyone got any experience of this?

Vap0 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:34:18

Hi

We waited until we had saved up and been in my job long enough and were ready to try. That was 29 months ago when we decided we were "ready". I wouldn't wait if I was you. I have kicked myself for putting things off. We are luckily 5w pregnant now (3rd time lucky hopefully). So many ladies struggle ttc. Or you could be lucky and get caught month 1. I'm sure you get mat leave if you have been working there for 3+ months before actually getting pregnant, read your company handbook and it will tell you in there.

Best of luck whatever you decide thanks

Junosmum Mon 11-Jan-16 01:46:58

With the amount of time you've been in your job you'd be entitled to statutory maternity pay. Whether you'd be entitled to occupational mat pay depends on your contract. But don't wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now