Talk

Advanced search

+opk 7 and 8dpo

(16 Posts)
Andysgirl15 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:10:26

As the title says really. I'm certain I o'ed on NYE cd17 had the positive opk, pains, ewcm etc but fast forward to yesterday and today and all opks have been positive. I'm really not sure what is going on.

leoniethelioness Sat 09-Jan-16 20:14:00

www.conceiveeasy.com/get-pregnant/positive-opk-when-pregnant/

That could explain things

toadierocks Sat 09-Jan-16 20:17:47

yep, I've had an OPK give a positive when i was pregnant! Get thee to a chemist/supermarket for a pregnancy test! FX for you

Andysgirl15 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:25:43

I did an hpt this morning and it was bfn but I'm only 8dpo so going to try again in the morning with an ic and if it's neg then think I'll pop into town on Monday for a FRER. I thought you would get a positive opk after a positive hpt but then I thought maybe it's detecting lh and a small amount of hcg but enough to send it positive thinking it's detecting lh (does that make sense) whereas the hpt is negative as there isn't yet enough hcg to turn it positive. My brain is running away with itself haha.

toadierocks Sat 09-Jan-16 20:32:19

Depends on the sensitivity on both of the tests. Apparently a FRER is 12.5MLu..... I would use a superdrug early response one, its from 10MLu. Probs a few quid cheaper too. the LH surge is a very similar hormone to the HCG so if there is enough of a surge then it will show a positive, confused the hell out of me when it happened as I'd missed the first ovulation in my cycle so assumed I was at last ovulating..... hmm

ShowOfHands Sat 09-Jan-16 20:35:59

You can get positive opks before your period is due and after ovulation. For reasons other than pregnancy too.

Why are you using opks if you know you've already ovulated?

Wait a while and test when late. With an hpt. Good luck!

Andysgirl15 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:44:56

I'm not due af for another 8 days. I used the opks out of curiosity really as I got positive opks when I was pregnant with my MC but I used them after I got the positive hpt so I was curious if an opk would show + before a + hpt.

Andysgirl15 Sun 10-Jan-16 10:48:07

Tested with a cheapie this morning 9dpo and it's bfn I'm starting to think maybe I didn't ovulate on NYE and it's happening now instead

toadierocks Sun 10-Jan-16 16:08:45

hmmm ow confusing for you. Unfortunately the only advice I can give is just to wait it out, either you're ovulating now and you'll know in a few weeks or wait another few days and PT again. It does seem unlikely that a OPK would pick up HCG before a sensitive PT, might be a second ovulation surge?

Andysgirl15 Sun 10-Jan-16 17:28:01

Well I went town this morning and picked up a superdrug test ready for the morning. But I'm now on day 3 of positive opks and usually I get a positive in the late afternoon then negative again the same night so I'm at a loss why I'm getting a three day surge

toadierocks Sun 10-Jan-16 17:50:38

Good luck for tomorrow morning - hope it gives you a clear answer flowers FX for you

Andysgirl15 Sun 10-Jan-16 18:41:42

Thank you

Andysgirl15 Mon 11-Jan-16 16:40:24

4th day of positive opk and bfn this morning but tested again this afternoon and I swear there is the faintest of faint lines that faint the camera won't pick it up but it does look like it has a hint of pink to it. I have one superdrug test left which I'm saving for the am when I will be 11dpo

Shemozzle Mon 11-Jan-16 19:56:34

Sounds like you could be pregnant. But I have to say your line isn't quite as dark as the control so could be gearing up for a later ovulation too, mine were like that a few days before a true positive OPK.

Andysgirl15 Tue 12-Jan-16 12:37:09

Shemozzle the test line Is darker irl and I'm now on day 5 of positive opks. Haven't done a test this morning as I'm sick of seeing bfn so going to do one on couple of days

Shemozzle Wed 13-Jan-16 13:40:16

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now