Talk

Advanced search

freaked out advice please!

(9 Posts)
ZebraCrossing007 Tue 05-Jan-16 18:56:14

I hadn't last period on 23 Dec, for 5 days. Was a normal period for me and I have a 30-31 day cycle.
Started testing with OPK at cd10, got a positive even though I wasn't expecting one until about cd17 based on previous months. I am now on cd 15, have had positive OPK every day since cd10. However for the first time ever in my cycle I've been bleeding the past 3 days. A bit of spotting to begin with and a bit more than spotting today. Have period cramps.
I don't know what made me do it but I just did a pregnancy test, is this positive? I think it is. And therefore is this from last cycle even though I had a period or this cycle even though I must only be a couple of days past ovulation if so. So confused, am I maybe having an early miscarriage?

ZebraCrossing007 Tue 05-Jan-16 18:56:49

That should say I HAD my last period on 23 Dec! blush

ZebraCrossing007 Tue 05-Jan-16 19:41:13

Ok been to get a first response. Am definitely pregnant but now worried about the bleeding. Do I need to go to the doctor or is there nothing they can do either way?

toadierocks Tue 05-Jan-16 20:09:46

Yes get yourself off to the docs and get a referral to the EPU - or call them directly.

Congratulations BTW flowers OPK can also pick up the HCG pregga hormone and show as a + OV, only once the HCG levels are high enough to confuse it. Early bleeding is common in pregnancy and doesn't always mean the worst but get off to the EPU for a check out. When was your last period before the bleed on the 23rd?

FX for you x

ZebraCrossing007 Tue 05-Jan-16 20:39:18

Thanks I will call them tomorrow and hopefully get an appointment. My period the month before was about the 22nd Nov. Am normally very regular. Eeek. Won't be able to sleep tonight!!

Kristy99 Tue 05-Jan-16 21:14:47

Wow that's brill! Congratulation!
Your dates are the same as mine, I've been having cramps today but put them down to ovulation cramps. Can't wait for testing day!
Hope all goes well.

ZebraCrossing007 Tue 05-Jan-16 21:20:04

Thanks Kristy

toadierocks Tue 05-Jan-16 21:53:50

Good luck and hope everything works out x

ZebraCrossing007 Wed 06-Jan-16 17:38:00

To update, went to the Drs today. Dr said she didn't get the dates either but there is nothing to see until 6 weeks so basically go away and come back in a week. Meanwhile bleeding has been on and off and I think I'm miscarrying - the tests are still showing pregnant but the lines are less strong. Feeling so disappointed, thought we'd done it this month. Will see how he next few days goes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now