Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Could I be pregnant?

(45 Posts)
Hollyxxxx Tue 05-Jan-16 14:14:30

Sorry guys I'm new to mums net but thought this would be the best place to ask. So I'm 21, and been on microgynon for a year. Decided I wanted to come off it so on my last pack, I took it pretty badly, not every day and only for two weeks. I then had a period, and two days later had unprotected sex. This was 9 days ago now, and I've just woken up and vomited hmm I know it would be too early to have symptoms if I had conceived but I've been getting the odd weird little twitch thing in my uterus area and a cramp here or there. I've been sleeping way more than I usually do but again it would be too early for that. Just want anyone's past experiences to know if I could be? It would really make me happy if I was smile I just thought I'd add that I had sex once when I was 16 and became pregnant, due to problems at home had to terminate which is a regret in some ways but would really love to give it a go. Thanks guys x

Epilepsyhelp Tue 05-Jan-16 14:17:47

But you know it would be too early for symptoms.. So I'd say yes there is a very slight chance you could be but I cannot see how in nine days you could have got to a point of morning sickness symptoms. If you really think you are then you could take an early response test.

Hollyxxxx Tue 05-Jan-16 14:53:06

Would a test show up this early???

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 05-Jan-16 15:07:52

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

You seem very nice, but

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Yes, you COULD be pregnant. You are a) a woman, with b) reproductive organs, who c) has had sex. ARE you pregnant? No jeffing idea. Wait until your next period is due, then POAS.

Whatdoidohelp Tue 05-Jan-16 15:12:21

Jesus Christ. Do you

Whatdoidohelp Tue 05-Jan-16 15:13:10

Want to have a baby? You are imagining the symptoms. Does your partner want a child. Wait until period due and test.

Crumbles12 Tue 05-Jan-16 15:13:31

I took a test at 9dpo and got a positive result, I did also feel quite unwell by this point so yes it is possible.

Perhaps wait until tommorow fmu to test and if still negative wait and see if your period arrives.

sepa Tue 05-Jan-16 15:20:30

Not sure. But you will find out for sure in 9 months grin

Mslg Tue 05-Jan-16 15:56:47

Sick of these silly 'Am I pregnant?' posts 😖

y0rkier0se Tue 05-Jan-16 16:00:09

Only a test can tell you OP. There is a conception topic

Francescal88 Tue 05-Jan-16 16:14:38

You definitely could be, based on timings and assuming you have a 28 day cycle. But then again, things can take a while to get back in sync after coming off the pill.
With a 28 day cycle you would usually ovulate around 14 days after the first day of your last period. And then implantation can happen from 6 days post ovulation... So right now you could be three days post implantation. That may show up on a test.

Epilepsyhelp Tue 05-Jan-16 16:27:27

But OP is only on cd11, could she really be three days post implantation? She would have had to have ovulated by about cd5 for the sperm to still be active enough to conceive. Unless I'm getting it all wrong!

Anyway, POAS.

Francescal88 Tue 05-Jan-16 16:30:51

Ah sorry, I misread and thought she said she'd had sex two weeks after her period.
Well assuming her period lasted five days... She'd now be on CD16.
Yeah sorry OP, not likely.

Epilepsyhelp Tue 05-Jan-16 16:45:27

True, I was reading it as dtd on cd2 rather than two days after end of period so she could have been cd7 which would mean ovulating by cd8 at the latest to meet any sperm.. Could be possible.

maybebabybee Tue 05-Jan-16 16:47:30

Do a test confused

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 05-Jan-16 16:58:13

It's too early for her to do a test.

maybebabybee Tue 05-Jan-16 17:06:38

I got my positive at 8dpo, and was dead certain of my ovulation date as I'd been temping.

Otherwise, wait a few days and do a test. We can't tell OP if she could be pregnant or not.

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 05-Jan-16 17:28:33

We can't tell OP if she could be pregnant or not.

Hey, you don't need to tell me that grin

Epilepsyhelp Tue 05-Jan-16 18:50:40

maybe no one has tried to!! We have pretty much all said do a test, and tried to talk through dates a bit as it sounded like that's what she wanted.

Mommybear31 Wed 06-Jan-16 14:16:46

hi there i have just joined thr app ... i seeen a few comments and thought i would ask my question and se if anyone else is going throught the same im driving myself up the wall looking for answers and all i see ifs questions and no reply or no update so you never no whats gone on .basicly we me and hubby did the baby dance over xmas wasnt trying at the time due to geting a new job anyway i had my period 4th dec fin 8th dec 2015 then had the baby dance 14thdec then at 21st dec i had a red bleed for 4 -5 days no clotting no cramps then was due to get period 30th dec its now the 6th jan and still nothing i have done 5 tests nd 2 ovulation sticks and all negative is it because im testing too soon..i have a taste of metal in my mouth lower back pain always tired sometimes like today it feels like i have cramping in my stomach i have headaches and also today woke up with a cold ..my 1st pregnacey i found out at 5 weeks and had misscarage at 6 weeks ....then 2nd pregnacey i did 3 tests b4 a postive come up ..then my 3rd preg i didnt even suspect as we was told i would need ivf ,after trying to do clearblue i had smiley face for 4 days so did test to find out i was preg anyways 3 years later ttc and thought it failed as clear blue said not preg had the injection to cover me why im on holiday and have a break and turned out i was preg but had misscarage again ....this was june 23rd 2015 .....after al this we said baby making on hold for a while but we had a few days of exitment so to speak . has anyone else been theough this and what was the out come . i did ask doc to have a blood test but they dont do it anymore pls mesage me someone

TrojanWhore Wed 06-Jan-16 14:23:55

Dancing, whether holding a baby or not, does not lead to conception.

You need to have sex for that.

The 'trying to conceive' topic is here

megamoz Wed 06-Jan-16 14:32:36

Mommy if 14 Dec is the last time you had sex and you're still getting negative tests you're likely not pregnant, I would have said.

Or you may have ovulated late and therefore its too early to test. Ovulation tests don't confirm timing of ovulation very reliably. The only thing that tells you you definitely ovulated and when is temping.

I would simply wait a week and test again if no period. The 'red bleed' is a bit odd, I would get that checked out by a GP tbh as bleeding between periods can be a symptom of many things.

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 06-Jan-16 15:33:08

Dancing, whether holding a baby or not, does not lead to conception.

grin

Posters really don't seem to get the hint that these types of threads are not welcome here. This is a board for pregnant women!

Mslg Wed 06-Jan-16 15:47:35

I wish they would get the hint 🙄

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 06-Jan-16 15:59:12

And the OP never ever comes back! Just "could I pregnant ... teehee" <gormless smiley face> then fucks off again.

God, my pregnancy hormones are doing a number on me today. I want to kill everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now