Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a false negative on tesco?

(15 Posts)
Abella Tue 05-Jan-16 13:54:58

Missed period? Negative test with tesco tests hoping there is light!??

hilzypop Tue 05-Jan-16 16:14:04

Had a faulty one ie control line didnt show up. False neg poss if tested too early or not fmu for poas. Feel your pain hang on in. Sorry couldnt be more helpful.

FourForYouGlenCoco Tue 05-Jan-16 16:29:18

I tried one of the Tesco blue dye tests - I was holding it up to the light from all sorts of angles, going from room to room to check it, the line was pretty much invisible and if I hadn't known I was pg I would have thought it was completely 100% negative. A FRER the next day had a very obvious line. All hope is not lost!

Abella Tue 05-Jan-16 16:37:09

Thanks so much for replying! And congratulations!!!!!!!!
Can I ask you how long you were trying for? X

FourForYouGlenCoco Tue 05-Jan-16 17:09:34

It took 7 months to fall with this pregnancy but I had 2 MC in that time. All seems to be going ok now though, although am only 10w. How long have you been trying? Hope it doesn't take long for you!

Abella Tue 05-Jan-16 17:55:28

You've done so well and been through so much, so good on you. Seven months now which I know is probably not a long time but you KNOW what it's like....! Going to test again tomorrow

FourForYouGlenCoco Wed 06-Jan-16 11:17:53

How did it go Abella?

Abella Wed 06-Jan-16 11:49:15

Negative..... sad

duckyneedsaclean Wed 06-Jan-16 11:50:54

Was it a tesco test again? I've never had a positive on a tesco test.

Abella Wed 06-Jan-16 11:53:50

Yes but my period came. I think it's ok as def ovulating as had the day 21 test, started conception tablets today changing diet and ovulation monitoring! All the ' right ' things I just have to relax about it I suppose. I'm seeing my dr tomorrow to just keep her updated. I'm
Sure she will be really looking fwd to seeing me!?!???
Thank you for your support its much appreciated

duckyneedsaclean Wed 06-Jan-16 12:05:33

Ahh, sorry. Give it time.

FourForYouGlenCoco Wed 06-Jan-16 13:15:48

Oh I'm sorry, it's so bloody depressing isn't it sad fingers crossed for you for this cycle. It's a huge cliche but it will be worth the wait. flowers

Abella Wed 06-Jan-16 13:33:28

When are you due? Four for you glen?x

VocationalGoat Wed 06-Jan-16 13:37:28

At the risk of coming across as a pop-up preacher, I would advise you to get a First Response test. I promise it's the only test worth getting. Tesco and Sainsbury's are notorious for evaporation lines which are just plain ol' nasty and mean when you're ttc. Sorry it didn't work out this month OP but don't despair. It will happen. flowers

Abella Wed 06-Jan-16 13:40:49

Thankyou very much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now