Talk

Advanced search

No dairy when ttc - change to periods

(5 Posts)
ljomrs Tue 05-Jan-16 08:29:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

uhhuh Tue 05-Jan-16 11:20:59

Hi there, what did the doctor say? This may not be relevant to you, but cutting out dairy is part of the endometriosis diet (also no red meat, gluten, alcohol, refined sugars). Heavy painful periods can be a sign of endo, and the diet helps many control their symptoms. I wouldn't have thought it would make them very light though! There are hormones in milk that could interfere with your cycle also. However it may be that you are not getting enough nutrients, do you eat a well balanced diet? It's hard to get the right nutrients with no meat or dairy unless you are very careful and poor nutrition could affect periods.

ljomrs Wed 06-Jan-16 00:11:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

uhhuh Wed 06-Jan-16 11:48:14

Hopefully not dietary then. I don't eat red meat or dairy and find it hard to get enough protein - higher protein lower carb diets are associated with fertility so it's definitely worth working on! The medical profession seem to be a bit mystified by the female cycle, I have lots of spotting in my cycle and have never got any answers from them, it's very frustrating. I can only imagine that if your skin is better without dairy it must be better for your body on the whole. Good luck with ttc!

SkyLucy Wed 04-May-16 19:42:05

Hi...I can see this is a fairly old thread but I wondered how you were getting on ljomrs? I came across the thread because I was searching for info on changes in periods, and your story struck a chord!

I have been a strict vegetarian for ten years, and have always had very heavy periods. My DH and I started TTC a few months ago, and my periods have disappeared to practically nothing! I haven't changed my diet, but I wondered if there was a link between TTC and period changes? I am certainly not pregnant either, so am really worried by the change in my cycle.

I've got a GP appointment in a couple of weeks but am not holding out much hope for an answer...I'm not even sure who they'd refer me to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now