Talk

Advanced search

Iboprofen

(5 Posts)
Twinklelittlestar1 Mon 04-Jan-16 08:52:39

Hi all,

I'm currently 5dpo and experiencing awful headaches. Last night I took 2 iboprofen for the pain and I've since learned that if I am pregnant that this can cause miscarriage/ other problems. Now I'm really worried, I had no idea this was the case. If this will cause me to miscarry, does anyone know if this will happen immediately or could it cause future problems? Really worried.

delilabell Mon 04-Jan-16 08:58:00

Please don't worry. I didn't realise b I was pregnant til nearly 8 weeks. I'd been taking ibuprofen regularly for "period" pains :-)
I'm sorry I can't help with the miscarriage answer but I think the chance is probably higher the more you tale so just taking two would be a very low chance/if a chance at all.

nashley Mon 04-Jan-16 10:55:19

I agree with delilabell, I wouldn't panic.
They say nurofen affects the lining of your womb hence the chance of miscarriage but you would only be a tiny bit pregnant so don't see how this would hurt.
They have to say the worst anyway to cover themselves so try not to worry. At least you have found out before you take more!

Celen Mon 04-Jan-16 11:13:47

Please don't worry twinkle - at 5dpo you won't have even implanted yet if you have conceived so I'm sure it wouldn't have affected anything. I've been taking ibuprofen for sciatic pain but stopped take it from 6dpo just in case!

Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon! smile

Twinklelittlestar1 Mon 04-Jan-16 11:35:50

Thanks so much for all the replies. There is so much frightening information out there! I had a mc last year and don't want to do anything to affect my chances of conceiving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now