Talk

Advanced search

I'm drunk and I don't care anymore

(22 Posts)
broodynmoody Fri 01-Jan-16 21:24:57

I've had enough. Enough of everything. Got told a mate is 6 weeks pregnant with a guy she's been with 2 and a half month. I can't deal with it anymore. Waiting for my bloods back Tuesday and I can't be arsed with nothing or no one. So I'm getting run. I already am drunk and I don't care. I'm not stopping my life while people are out getting shagged left right and centre and getting pregnant. I'll do opk but no diets no low alcohol. Only been ttc for 7 month and I can't stand it already. Happy new year everyone

InandOutofLove Fri 01-Jan-16 21:39:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rainy34 Fri 01-Jan-16 22:51:53

I know how it feels, everyone around me are getting pregnant so easily, 7 months is still early days, i know it does not feel it but it could be still around the corner for you, if not when you get to a year book into the doctor to get the ball rolling, how old are you, hopefully you will get a bfp soon!!

hilzypop Sat 02-Jan-16 00:08:31

broodymoody I could have written your post. Mini melt down today see 2ww thread. Think mine was triggered by more fb scan pics and being cross questioned by neighbours about when we were going to give my dd a brother or sister cos she would just love it. Have all my usual af symptoms think wich will show early. Sorry cant give any practical advice flowers and here to hand hold.

FlightofthePhoenix Sat 02-Jan-16 00:10:16

I understand. I'm only 5 months in, I know that it's nothing compared to some, but it's still hard. My friend is 4 months pregnant with a baby her partner didn't even want. She only started trying because I was and she fell pregnant almost straight away. I've only seen her a few times since but the last time I did I came home and cried. I feel bad for feeling that it isn't fair. I am happy for her but I'm finding it hard to be around her...

FuzzyOwl Sat 02-Jan-16 00:24:21

flowers TTC is such an emotional rollercoaster. I hope it isn't long until you all have your babies.

Abella Sat 02-Jan-16 00:34:54

Same boat- just been asked if I ' have any news yet'. Yes I do I'm STILL NOT pregnant 😭 Will it ever happen ???

whatdoIget Sat 02-Jan-16 00:39:39

It took 8 months for me to conceive. Do you know whether you're ovulating or not? I didn't worry tbh because I knew it was within normal timeframes, which you are too!

McNo Sat 02-Jan-16 00:42:23

I had real trouble conceiving, after 4 years I had IUI twice, first time didn't work and second I had an ectopic pregnancy.

Gave up further option of IVF as my mental health deteriorated due to the impact of the failed IUI.

Decided I was never going to be a mum and tried to accept it, went to a wedding and got completely drunk and conceived my daughter.

When I look back I was so obsessed with trying to conceive and then depressed when I couldn't I believe I was stopping myself getting pregnant

Just wanted to say that don't give up but try and relax about it, I've been there so I know it's easier said than done.

Sending virtual hug

broodynmoody Sat 02-Jan-16 11:42:02

blushmorning after, I feel very delicate right now. Thanks ladies. WhatdoIget I have no idea yet, waiting for my blood results in a telephone appointment on Tuesday morning. Have bought a bbt and was gonna start temping. I was told last night that us both taking pineapple is good - from what I can remember lol

KittyandTeal Sat 02-Jan-16 11:46:01

Hope you're not feeling too bad this morning. Sometimes having a bit of a melt down, getting hammered and feeling crap the next day is the best outlet for pent up frustration and emotions.

It's a really tough journey x

SweepTheHalls Sat 02-Jan-16 11:49:17

After 18months I booked a bloody expensive holiday that I couldn't participate in if pregnant, went, had a bloody good time and conceived this little munchkin.
Get drunk. Enjoy life and lots of shagging and even if you still have this battle to get through, life is better in the meantime

museumum Sat 02-Jan-16 11:50:24

My personal belief is that while it's good to do things you think will increase your chances of conception, it's also not good to put everything you enjoy on hold.
I really don't believe there's a big effect from the occasional night out drinking.
A friend of mine always booked skiing holidays even when ttc as she knew she would be miserable if she was not pregnant and not skiing but she'd be so happy if she did get pregnant she wouldn't mind the waste of money If she couldn't really ski.

whatdoIget Sat 02-Jan-16 11:54:25

broodymoody I temped one month just to make sure it was probably all working ok. I then stopped temping (lazy) and conceived the following month. I now know that several of my friend conceived the first month of trying, but thankfully I didn't know at the time so didn't have the added pressure of comparison. Good luck!

Iwonderif Sat 02-Jan-16 14:06:37

Big virtual hugs. I echo what everyone has said on here. You're not alone. I got caught pretty quickly (5 months of ttc) with 1 & 2 but when we were planning number 3 I went all obsessive (why I don't honestly know) charting & ov sticks etc. I did this for about 12 months. Nothing happened. Then me & DH went to Spain, relaxed & got merry and lo n behold my holiday romp is now 5!! I know it's easier for others to say similar things but the more you read and hear about stories of ladies ttc you hear so many experiences about ladies saying "***k it" and then getting their BFP. I sincerely hope that will indeed be you this year. And very soon. flowerscake

Abella Sat 02-Jan-16 17:42:59

So frustrated as I've had the day 21 test and all ok so it must just be bad bad luck! It's making me depressed!

broodynmoody Sat 02-Jan-16 20:48:44

Thanks ladies, I feel better now. I've heard a lot of people on various boards saying how they were ttc for ages sometimes years and then when they finally flung everything out, the sticks temping etc and then got drunk conceived. I don't drunk very often but I like to get a tipsy about once a month and I'm not gonna live my life around ttc. Gonna try temping n seeing how that goes x

Nevlet Sat 02-Jan-16 22:58:48

Hi OP,

Big hugs to you- this was me in December. Over 6 months trying went to the drs about irregular cycles tests scans later told i had pcos to the point it was highly unlikely i could conceive without help ( am only 25) so had major meltdown to DP got rid of opks, fertility monitor everything and gave up... Bfp boxing day! I honestly believe that the change in myself of honestly having no hope and the weight of stress that relieved from us is what made it our month. I know its hard and hearing other peoples success stories probably doesnt really help... But it will happen for you! And enjoy your time till it does! flowers wine

SweepTheHalls Sun 03-Jan-16 09:02:15

It was a skiing holiday that finally did it for us smile.
I have a stack of the clear blue ovulation sticks that I didn't use (as they just made me more stressed) if they are on use to anyone? Just pm me.

Northernlight22 Sun 03-Jan-16 15:47:26

Defo could have written this too! I've already had 2 meltdowns in 2016 because of people seemingly getting pregnant at the drop of their pants around me!

Had a MC in Aug after about 9 months of trying so we're now 15 months in. We've booked an expensive hol for what would have been our due date that isn't quite pregnancy friendly so here's hoping we invoke the law of sod and I have to spend most of the time just sat about reading books ha

Kwick709 Sun 03-Jan-16 16:33:16

So sorry to hear about your MC northernlight - massive hugs flowers.

smellsofelderberries Sun 03-Jan-16 18:35:44

Sweep your little one is gorgeous!!

Right there with you op. Conceived on cycle 8 back in November, have to go I this week for an ERPC because my pregnancy isn't viable sad and we get to start this whole mess again. I have decided I'm going to use OPKs for the first 2 cycles after the surgery. After that they're going in the bin and we're just going to have lots of sex.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now