Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation Sticks.... Worth buying??

(12 Posts)
Cric Wed 30-Dec-15 09:38:27

Just that really... Thoughts please! Thanks.

Junosmum Wed 30-Dec-15 11:20:22

Personally I found my cervical mucus much much more reliable and found opks never really worked- I got pregnant based on cm, so it obviously worked for me. Some people swear by them though.

I've seen far too many people on here get really stressed by them though so I'd never recommended them.

How about try a 'relaxed' approach for 5/6months then buy some?

Pipbin Wed 30-Dec-15 11:24:40

I spent about 3 years ttcing.
I had the clear blue ovulation predictor as well as OPKs.
I found the clear blue thing easier to use but a lot more expensive.
Buy cheap OPKs from eBay.
They work a treat but you need to learn the best time to test and how to read them.

Cric Wed 30-Dec-15 11:33:02

Thanks. I had my implant taken out in August. When we had our DD we were so lucky and it happened straight away. although I know it is still early days, it just seems like time is going so slowly!

m33r Wed 30-Dec-15 22:01:18

I loved them. I felt it gave me something to 'do'. We ttc for 20 months before BFP; used OPKs from about 6 months. I used cheapies and got the expensive ones out as the lines got darker. Now TTC #2 and am using again. They're not for everyone but suited us. Good luck

Pinkdiva Thu 31-Dec-15 15:56:27

I've just started using clear blue dual digital ovulation tests after a year of no luck they did tell me my peak I didn't get pregnant however I'm going to try them once more in January at just got me see if I get better luck they are very expensive but no second guessing the line I will update if they work for me in January

Ohwoolballs Thu 31-Dec-15 16:08:36

Used them for one month and discovered I was ovulating much earlier than I thought. Next month got a BFP and next March our little boy will be here! Obviously this is just my experience but as we had only been ttc for a couple of months it seems like a good sign. I used the Clearblue digital with the smiley face.

shelbTa Thu 31-Dec-15 17:37:02

Yeah definitely- get the cheap first step ones off the internet. Cheap enough to use as much as you like and help if you don't get EWCM (like me).

X

Bambambini Thu 31-Dec-15 17:38:58

They worked for us first time. Maybe I'm extremely fertile though!

wonkylegs Thu 31-Dec-15 17:48:12

After 2 years of trying I went on the MN clear-blue trial and fell pregnant first go with them, unfortunatly we lost that baby but when we started trying again we fell pregnat using them 2nd go and I'm currently 21wks.
My body's clues were slightly out it seems from actual ovulation and the sticks helped us find a better window.

smellsofelderberries Thu 31-Dec-15 18:46:00

I used the cheapies alongside tracking CM and noting other symptoms (and temping for 2 months) so that I could get to know my cycle. Funnily enough the month I got my BFP was one where we just had sex every other day (or more if we wanted!) and noted when I think I ovulated. Something obviously worked! I think they're great if you have no idea when you're ovulating and you're wanting to learnt our cycle.

Cric Sat 02-Jan-16 10:55:14

I have gone to the pound shop and got 10 to see what happens!! Fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now