Talk

Advanced search

Aspirin-a-day could boost chance of having a baby? Anyone else tired/heard of this?

(6 Posts)
Lemons2015 Tue 29-Dec-15 17:49:31

I'm 37 and been ttc for 3 months.

I had an early miscarriage a few weeks ago... but trying again!

I cam across this article:

Aspirin-a-day could boost chance of having a baby

Has anybody else tried this? Did it work for you?

I'm taking small aspirin (70 mg daily, about a third of an aspirin)

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11943048/Aspirin-a-day-could-boost-chance-of-having-a-baby.html

EllaBella07 Tue 29-Dec-15 19:18:29

My sister & I both had several miscarriages when TTC #1. Sis was advised to take 70mg aspirin by doc & now has two healthy bambinos with no further mc's.

I am now taking it TTC #2

Lemons2015 Tue 29-Dec-15 19:32:58

Hi EllaBella07

Thanks for replying..

I haven't actually my doctor yet about it, how long was she advised to take the aspirin for? Did she take it during first 12 weeks of pregnancy only or whole pregnancy?

I really don't want to miscarry again.

x

EllaBella07 Sun 03-Jan-16 18:44:43

Hey Lemons, sorry for slow response. She took it all the way through pregnancy.

Mrscrabtree Sun 03-Jan-16 19:31:46

I have started taking one a day from around ovulation onwards as I heard it might help with implantation. I've never had a mc as never been pregnant, ttc for 18 months, but figured it's not likely to do any harm. I hope it helps you Lemons2015, sorry to hear about mc sad

toadierocks Sun 03-Jan-16 20:22:24

Hi Lemons

You can buy 'baby aspirin' which is a 75mg tablet, it is advised for people with clotting issues which are usually next to chromosome disorders, the next biggest cause of miscarriage. Although it probably won't do any harm you should check in with your doctor first. There is also a school of thought that it can cause issues with the placenta forming and heparin (prescribed for clotting issues in pregnancy) is much safer if that is what you need. Just be a bit careful but baby dust to you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now