Talk

Advanced search

Confused newbie

(17 Posts)
Confusedcat1 Mon 28-Dec-15 17:06:19

So,
I'm new here. It's our first month TTC. Currently 11dpo.....

Does anyone sometimes feel like this ttc lark makes you a little bit mad? I've been ill the last few days, so it could be due to that, but I've been feeling sick whenever I eat. Yesterday I started getting a strange brown discharge, light, not like my normal period. My period isn't due to the 1st. My body is so confusing! I don't know if I should be testing or not, normally I never get any kind of spotting and now this?

Google is the worst thing you can do because every single symptom it tells you it can be a pregnancy symptom! And then I just think maybe my brain is just playing tricks on me...

cheeseandbanana Mon 28-Dec-15 17:34:28

I don't know but I'm in a similar situation to you, it's sooo hard to just play wait and see isn't it.

Confusedcat1 Mon 28-Dec-15 17:45:15

When is your period due? I've got a sensitive test (20 whatever's per ml), but I don't know if I should wait until Saturday .....

I went into lidl and the smell of bread was overpowering! But again... Could be nothing

cheeseandbanana Mon 28-Dec-15 18:10:26

My AF is due Monday. I'm deliberating whenever to push my luck and try a first response tomorrow morning.

Confusedcat1 Mon 28-Dec-15 18:20:01

I will if you will :-) what symptoms have you been having?

BubbaNo1 Mon 28-Dec-15 18:23:23

Hi..

AF due Sunday for me... I've just ordered a first response test, so I'll do that on weds morning.. Hate this waiting game..

cheeseandbanana Mon 28-Dec-15 18:24:58

Ok you're on!

I've had all sorts, tingling nipples, tummy cramps, unusually 'dry' (sorry if tmi!) and a bit of orange CM which could be an implantation bleed but I'm not sure...

Thing is I'm sure it would be so unlikely because the only time we've had a really good time this month just happened to be the day after AF ended, surely that's too early for conception?

Kwick709 Mon 28-Dec-15 18:25:40

Aaah the two week wait.... Agony in any guise! They say you should hold off for as long as you can until you test - like 16 days after dtd or iui (in my case) but it is SO HARD!
Try some positive thinking - loads of visualisations on youtube and try to wait it out.
Best of luck!

Confusedcat1 Mon 28-Dec-15 18:28:16

Hi bubba :-) keep us posted!

Cheeseandbanana - Well if sperm can live in the body for seven days it's unlikely but not impossible!

I've been feeling really sick after eating the last few days, but I'm assuming that's too early for morning sickness and must be something else, right?

Feefeefs Mon 28-Dec-15 18:45:27

confusedcat1 I'm due AF 1st January too, feeling like I have loads of symptoms today weepy sore boob etc etc. Drier than usual also. Cracked and did a pregnancy test this evening it was negative. Hopefully still too early. .

cheeseandbanana Mon 28-Dec-15 19:35:37

Why hold off that long though Kwick? I mean sure you want to avoid disappointment but isn't it better to know Asap?

Kwick709 Mon 28-Dec-15 21:05:43

If you test early you probably will not believe the test result and will ahve test again (& in my case, again)! At the end of the day you need to be comfortable with what you are doing... Just adding my two cents worth after 4 failed IUIs.

KentCat Tue 29-Dec-15 12:02:12

I spent the last 2 weeks thinking it could have happened, seeing signs that weren't really there! It's was our first cycle TTC so I didn't really think it would happen but you can't help but imagine. Sadly AF came yesterday. Positive thinking for January

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 29-Dec-15 14:23:56

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2533887-Ttc-1-Thread-the-4th-TMI-club-of-January-2016-No-symptom-too-disgusting-to-share

If anyone wants to join us on this thread you're more than welcome! We weren't supposed to start ttc till January but have already had a glut of bfp's from some who were early out of the gate! We are just starting to learn how to track while ttc #1. Okp's are very addictive! 😀🍼

cheeseandbanana Tue 29-Dec-15 15:24:46

Sorry to hear that Kent, lots of luck and baby dust for you for the new year.

Did anyone else test today? I would've if DH had taken me seriously and actually bought a first response, he keeps giggling but I'd love to see the look on his face if I were right.

Confusedcat1 Tue 29-Dec-15 15:47:04

I tested but I think the test was faulty. The control line was patchy and not a full line, and the other window has three pink streaks going across it in the wrong direction.

I guess it's a BFN.

I got muddled up and my AF is due on Saturday, so I guess I'm four days too early to test.

KentCat Mon 11-Jan-16 19:29:58

Hey

Sorry about the BFN ConfusedCat hope this month is better! We're struggling this month as my DH is working shifts so we've not really seen each other. Hoping to get one last chance tomorrow night before this window is over and then it's the dreaded 2 week wait. That said I'm off to India with work for one of them so hopefully that will make time past faster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now