Talk

Advanced search

Help! Results of pregnancy tests

(9 Posts)
Shanice1 Mon 28-Dec-15 15:31:08

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can help. I took 3 clear blue pregnancy tests. First one came back pregnant 1-2 weeks then I took another a few hours later and it came back not pregnant. I then took another one in the morning which came back not pregnant. I was so confused as to why the first one came back positive so I took 2 more tesco tests. Both came back with very faint line which I'm thinking is an evaporation line?? I'm also 12 days late.

dementedpixie Mon 28-Dec-15 15:32:47

How long did it take for the lines to appear?

JocelynWildensteinOnABroom Mon 28-Dec-15 15:33:58

Congratulations!! I think they are both faint positives, not evap lines. Don't think you can get a false positive, but you can get a false negative. Exciting!! ☺️

NomNomDePlum Mon 28-Dec-15 15:34:21

they look positive to me. that's 3 out of 5, i'd err on the side of pregnancy.

honeysucklejasmine Mon 28-Dec-15 15:35:15

Different tests have different sensitivities so it is possible to get a mix of positive and negative results.

Pink dye tests, like Superdrug own or First Response do not suffer with evap lines as frequently so are a bit more reliable.

Shanice1 Mon 28-Dec-15 18:59:59

The lines appeared after about a minute, thank you for your replies. Still so confused about it all, think I'm going to take another test in a few days just to make sure!!

Rememberallball Mon 28-Dec-15 19:06:01

Also remember that, in the early days, you may have less hcg in urine that isn't fmu.

mamaneedsamojito Mon 28-Dec-15 19:07:20

Definitely positive - there is colour in the line/s

Flossiesmummy Mon 28-Dec-15 19:35:30

You're pregnant. Evap lines are white of grey. The blueness means you're defo pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now