Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When is your cycle calculated from?

(7 Posts)
SpendSpendSpend Sun 27-Dec-15 13:27:34

Hi there,

Im not understanding something here regarding a womans monthly cycle.

When a womans cycle is calculated, is it calculated from the first day your last period started or it starts when your last period finishes?

Also what is the most common cycle for most women before they start their period again? I know a 28 day cycle seems to be a common one.

I came on a period on the 2nd of December and it lasted for 6 days.

When am i next due a period? Is it 30 days after the 2nd of December?

I ve been on the pill for years and never had a period in that time but i ve now come off it and had my first period after the withdrawal bleed on the 2nd of December.

duckyneedsaclean Sun 27-Dec-15 13:29:58

Cycle starts from beginning of period. Around a month long is usual, anywhere between 21-35 days.

SpendSpendSpend Sun 27-Dec-15 14:28:29

Thankyou ducky!

Raxacoricofallapatorius Sun 27-Dec-15 14:31:45

Your cycle begins on the day you wake up bleeding red blood. If you come on in the afternoon, count the next day as day one.

Every woman is different. 28 days is the average. Somewhere between 3 and 5 weeks is a general ballpark. You'll find out what is normal for you.

SpendSpendSpend Sun 27-Dec-15 14:43:48

So if for example 10 years ago i had a 28 day cycle, then went on the pill and never had a period for several years. When i start having periods again will i have a 28 day cycle or could it be different this time?

LBOCS2 Sun 27-Dec-15 14:52:41

Could be different but likely to be similar.

I had a 27 day cycle pre-pill, then no discernible cycle when I had a coil (no periods), then it went back to 27 days when I had my coil out to TTC. Miscarriages did bugger up my cycle for a while, but I was using OPK and temping so still got pregnant with DD.

After pregnancy it was a bit odd for a while, then I had a Mirena fitted again, and when I had it out to TTC the bump I'm currently gestating I went back to a 27 day cycle. I think your body likes to reset itself to its 'normal'.

SpendSpendSpend Sun 27-Dec-15 15:03:14

Ahh thank you.

I dont have much experience with periods or ttc tbh.

I got pregnant with dd within afew weeks of coming off the pill. She is 3 years old now.

Ttc number 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now