Talk

Advanced search

Anyone fancy a "can you see a line" thread?

(37 Posts)
FellOutOfBedTwice Tue 22-Dec-15 21:14:25

Sorry all- I know this has been done to death but is this a proper line?! This is all new to me as I got a strong positive with my 18 month DD on a FRER at 11dpo 3-4 days before a missed period.

I've turned the colour up to 11 on these. Taken this evening at what I thought was 12dpo with period due tomorrow or the day after. Normally on a regular 29-30 day cycle.

Line is pink despite being faint and came up within the allowed time.

Am in shock if I am as DD took six months to concieve and I've had period pains so not quite believing AF isn't on her merry way.

vxa2 Tue 22-Dec-15 21:19:13

I think I can see a really faint line. Perhaps try again tomorrow with fmu. Fingers crossed.

toopeoply Tue 22-Dec-15 21:58:55

Gosh it's very faint but there does appear to be a line. Try again the the morning!

LillyBugg Tue 22-Dec-15 22:00:03

At first glance I was convinced no, but I can see a very very faint line. Test again tomorrow!

MajesticWhine Tue 22-Dec-15 22:02:40

I can't see it. Try again in a couple of days maybe? Good luck.

Flossiesmummy Tue 22-Dec-15 22:21:08

I see a line!

Mummybubbles2 Tue 22-Dec-15 23:06:27

I see a line smile

BumWad Tue 22-Dec-15 23:16:03

I 100% see a line.

Congratulations!

FellOutOfBedTwice Tue 22-Dec-15 23:32:15

Thanks ladies! I'm sure there IS something there especially as I took one yesterday and that was totally white and comparing yesterday's and today's there's a clear difference. Fingers crossed for a darker one tomorrow!!

FellOutOfBedTwice Wed 23-Dec-15 08:59:04

Hi all

Did a test using FMU and tbh its no darker but period is late now. There is a line there though- I'm not mad. Is this something I should be worrying about or- as DH has exasperately suggested- should I chill the fuck out and just wait a few days? I am still breastfeeding if that is in any way relevant.

I suspect I maybe ovulated later than say 14 because my EWM came later this month. But this weak line at what is now 13dpo is making me panic that this is an early miscarriage or chemical waiting in the wings.

mamaneedsamojito Wed 23-Dec-15 09:16:25

I see it!

FellOutOfBedTwice Wed 23-Dec-15 15:49:22

Okay, line now darker but have started bleeding brown blood hmm so I'm not knowing what to think. Feeling quite pessimistic. Anyone got any words of wisdom? Husband is telling me to stop obsessing but I'm now convinced it's a chemical which I've never had before.

MajesticWhine Wed 23-Dec-15 16:17:54

Ok this is just my experience but when I did positive pregnancy tests they were a lot stronger / darker than that, even when I was only a couple of days late. So for me, that is probably not a line. Sorry. But I know for others a faint line like that was actually a BFP. I hope you get the news you want soon x

FellOutOfBedTwice Thu 24-Dec-15 12:22:54

Just thought I would update- FRER line much darker this morning and a light shadowy pink line on a cheapy pound shop one. Bleeding totally gone now. I had horrible pains and felt faint on the Friday just gone, which I'm now wondering if was implantation and if what came out yesterday was the blood from that. Feeling cautiously optimistic. Keep your fingers crossed for me, gang!

JustineCh1980 Thu 24-Dec-15 12:25:44

I would deffo say you are pregnant. Mine were like that with these tests and for about 3 days they were faint exactly like yours. I did a digital clear blue came back negative waited another day (5days after the faint first response one) and got a pregnant 1-2 weeks on the digital. I was going insane and and kept testing finally about 13 days after my period was late I got a whopping big fat line. Had a scan Monday as I still wasn't convinced and got to see the little heart beating at 6+4 weeks. Congratulations I would say you are pregnant X

FellOutOfBedTwice Thu 24-Dec-15 12:40:03

Thank you Justine, that's a positive story to keep in mind! I'm just confused because with my DD I had nothing on a blue dye sainsburys on Friday and then bang, heavy line on a FRER on Saturday and clear lines on cheapies on the Sunday. Then by the Wednesday a "pregnant 1-2" on a CBD. But I did have hyperemesis with her too and was in hospital on a drip by 9+2 so maybe my hormones were just very strong from the get go.

Hoping that this one sticks but is less ferocious than its big sister!

FellOutOfBedTwice Thu 24-Dec-15 12:41:18

Oh- meant to say- does anyone know- if I am pregnant I'm RH Neg. would that slight bleed necessitate the anti D? Or is it too early to be concerned with that?

JustineCh1980 Thu 24-Dec-15 12:45:39

I'm also rhesus negative. If the bleeding is brown it's 'old blood' I was always told red blood and being pregnant and having a bleed you would need the injection. Have you been pregnant before as if its your first and you are rh negative it's not a problem X

JustineCh1980 Thu 24-Dec-15 12:47:17

Sorry just read your op and it's not your first. If you are concerned call the Drs or your local maternity unit they should be able to advise what's best

FellOutOfBedTwice Thu 24-Dec-15 13:11:59

Thanks Justine. I just phoned my GP and they were utterly useless but I've been offered an appointment at 5pm to go and discuss it. Feel w bit of a fraud as not even sure I'm actually pregnant but I suppose I should go down there and see what they say.

JustineCh1980 Thu 24-Dec-15 13:19:23

I'd say you were pregnant just very early and that's why the lines are faint. Like mine were. I was totally obsessed with peeing on them I have done 11 now and 4 different brands. Good luck at the Drs. I'm sure you are pregnant though as the frer without a line are completely white and any faint line is a positive X

FellOutOfBedTwice Thu 24-Dec-15 13:30:43

I took six months to get pregnant with my DD so I'm very au fait with totally blank FRERs- I think I am pregnant, I just worried it won't last. Ah well, time will tell!

JustineCh1980 Thu 24-Dec-15 13:36:30

All the best with it. I think you are too. What a lovely Xmas present smile

BumWad Thu 24-Dec-15 14:19:55

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with Majestic a line is a line of course you are pregnant! The lightness/darkness of the line does not matter as everybody's hormone levels are different.

All the best and congratulations again! fsmile

FellOutOfBedTwice Thu 24-Dec-15 16:14:24

Thanks BumWad! I hope so- typical to be unsure what's going on on Christmas Eve when I can't tell anyone I think I'm pregnant but can't drink in case I am. Think I'm going to be slipping my DH a lot of drinks for the next few days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now