Talk

Advanced search

Done to death: TTC, clomid, overdue... hand holding please

(3 Posts)
Clomidmadememad Sat 12-Dec-15 16:32:47

I know this topic has been done to death but just looking for some positive stories/hand holding.
Have been TTC for 3year+
Prescribed clomid for 6 months which I finished at the end of October. Using the clear blue fertility monitor to keep track of things.
I am now on day 33 of my cycle, this is unusual as my cycle is 27 days and I am very regular. ( i have had a couple of cyckes of 28 days and gottne overexcited, only to be crushed when AF comes) I have had 2 x bfn.
I didn't have a peak to show ovulation this month however I have had this in the past few months where it just shows 'high' for most of my cycle.
I have vague back pains and odd twinges and my emotions are all over the place, these are usually indicators of AF on her way but they are usually so much more prominent.
Having said that, I don't think I'm pregnant and don't think I'm due on either.
I think I am trying to convince myself that it's nothing to get excited about.
Please give me positive stories where similar has happened to you and you've ended up with a beautiful baby....or just come hold my hand

EllaBella07 Tue 15-Dec-15 12:31:42

Hey Clomid!
Unfortunately I can't give you any positive stories but I can hold your hand.
My cycle is a bit confused and I tend to go between 25 to 29 days.
According to my app I was due on yesterday but am going to wait until day 29 tomorrow just to be sure and then. I'm also trying to explain everything away as I know how disappointing it is when you're not.
Although we've only just started trying it took us a couple of years with DD1 and I turned into a neurotic mess. Determined that is not going to happen this time!

Let's stay in denial together for a few more days xx

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 15-Dec-15 12:50:54

I will hand hold but would suggest you think about what has happened here in terms of treatment to date.

Do you feel that you have been investigated enough as a couple to determine what is wrong?. What tests have you both had done recently i.e. within the last 6 months?. Any test result done over 6 months ago should be discounted.

You may not like this suggestion because you feel you are doing something but I would cease using the fertility monitor. Such things do not always help (it is not advisable to use such a monitor anyway whilst taking clomid).

Are you actually under the care of a gynae consultant at present and if not why is this?.

Who prescribed the clomid?

Have any tests been done on your man to either confirm or rule out male factor problems?. In this respect one semen analysis is not enough at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now