Talk

Advanced search

Silent miscarriage

(7 Posts)
Love2014 Fri 11-Dec-15 00:44:00

I'm 36, found out I had my 2nd miscarriage at what would have been a joyful day my first scan last Friday. We have had a silent miscarriage which really is the worst, literally walking round with a dead baby inside you. such a horrible situation. I want to try for another baby but I was so happy about this and losing it has really upset me. We are planning to start trying in a couple of months but I'm scared to death it may happen again 😢

Cric Fri 11-Dec-15 03:53:28

So sorey to read this. Hope you are ok flowers

Cric Fri 11-Dec-15 03:53:46

Sorry*

NJ81 Fri 11-Dec-15 04:25:08

Really sorry to read this. I too found out at my 12 week scan this week that I am miscarrying. Sadly there is an empty sac and no embryo which was heartbreaking to see on the screen.
My other half is being fantastic but I am not coping so well (hence still being awake at 4am!). Even though I know it's just nature and nothing I've done, I can't help but feel angry at my body. And feel immense sadness when I look at my still very early pregnancy bloating. Life can indeed be very cruel.

quitecrunchy Fri 11-Dec-15 13:54:37

Oh Love and NJ, how awful for you both. My heart goes out to you. It will happen for you eventually, but jeez as you say NJ life can be bloody cruel. Be kind to yourselves xx

wonkylegs Fri 11-Dec-15 14:04:44

So sorry to hear you are going through this. I had a silent one this time last year at 17wks, it was really really hard. I didn't think we'd get through it but we did.
I'm now 18+5 and they have looked after me well with extra scans and so far everything looks good. It's terrifying but also feeling more positive now. I won't stop worrying til I meant this little one but each good scan helps.

NJ81 Fri 11-Dec-15 14:29:16

Thank you both. It's nice to read positive messages on here for hope for the future. I just hope that future is really quick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now