Talk

Advanced search

TTC after miscarriage after HSG

(3 Posts)
Maturermummy Thu 10-Dec-15 20:52:02

Hello All,

I am 43 and the mum of a beautiful DD who has just turned one. I am convinced I only managed to conceive her after an HSG I had back in Jan 2014.

I began TTC when I turned 40 - after finally meeting Mr Right.

I had a miscarriage in August 2013 at around 10 weeks pregnant. I also had numerous chemical pregnancies - before and after the miscarriage in 2013 - before finally falling pregnant with my DD.

We began trying for baby #2 in May this year - with no luck, not even chemical pregnancies this time. I knew I would need another HSG.

I had my second HSG in October this year - and conceived the same cycle (not the second cycle like with my DD). Unfortunately, I am currently going through a miscarriage at 8 weeks pregnant.

So here is the question.....After an HSG, has anyone gone on to have a successful pregnancy following a miscarriage? or Will I need another HSG to put me back to optimum conditions for TTC?

Sorry for the ramblings....... ;)

Fruitbatyogi Thu 10-Dec-15 22:30:48

Don't know for sure but I've just had an HSG - Tuesday and hoping for good effect - the stuff I read suggested that rate of pregnancy was up for 3-6 months. So fingers crossed.

Maturermummy Fri 11-Dec-15 17:08:57

Fingers crossed for you, Fruitbatyogi. Let me know how you get on smile

I guess I'll just have to wait until I get my next period - and take it from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now