Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

any temping experts out there mind having a look at my chart?

(3 Posts)
Jaffacakey Wed 09-Dec-15 09:44:38

Hi this is my first month charting and I'm not really sure what I'm looking at/ for please can someone have a look and give me some insight ?

thank you

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Wed 09-Dec-15 11:06:58

My experience of temping was that it took a few months before I could get much in the way of reliable information from it, as it varies a bit from person to person. After a while you start to get a useful idea of patterns like when you normally ovulate, and how long your luteal phase usually is.

Your chart is saying that you ovulated on Cycle Day 23 (that's where the crosshairs meet) and it has calculated that because it was only after that date that you had three successive temps above the cover line (the horizontal red line, which is an average of all the previous temps, I think).

How long are your cycles normally? I usually found that my temperature would start to dip back down towards the cover line just before my period was due, and I would start bleeding on the day that it hit it, or dipped below it. The month I got pregnant, the temps stayed high instead of dipping.

It's definitely best if you try to take the temperature every morning at about the same time: I used to set an alarm for weekends to take it at 6am and then just go back to sleep.

Jaffacakey Wed 09-Dec-15 14:49:27

Brilliant thank you, I do tend to wake up at 7am everyday for work so the timing normally isn't an issue.

I just wanted to make sure everything was looking ok really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now