Talk

Advanced search

HSG total failure

(5 Posts)
fourpawswhite Wed 09-Dec-15 08:19:09

Hello

Yesterday I had my HSG. That can now be added to my list of failures. sad Staff were wonderful, got started and although uncomfortable, it was fine. As she began to start the dye, i got a sharp pain in my ovary area and the sudden need to pee. I remember saying you need to stop, i need to pee. Then i woke up in a and e. I apparently passed out, yup, passed out, whilst lying down.......I was out for around 4 minutes hence the panic by them. I came round and felt like i had been ran over. i was pouring with sweat, threw up everywhere. I then felt like i needed the toilet and asked if i could go. They said no because I would faint again so in true style, I started howling and crying. They let me crawl to the toilet where i lay on the floor for about 20 minutes throwing up. Got me back on the bed and I passed out AGAIN. seriously!!!!!! It was not even that bad. My blood pressure was so low they thought i had gone into shock.

After 2 hours of lying on bed and being seen by various Dr's my B.P had returned to normal and they let me go. They said if the consultant still wants it done i will need to be sedated. Apparently they have had this once before. Super.

When I got home last night i was very sick again and had extremely upset tummy.

My worry today is that i have a rash all over my tummy, a stabbing pain in my left side and little purple bruises all over the insides of my legs??? which may or may not be related.

I think in fairness I should call them this morning, firstly to thank them and secondly, to see whether I need to go and see someone?

Any thoughts, words of wisdom or indeed laughter at my absolute ridiculousness. (maybe gentle laughter as I am very very teary really but trying to be brave).

sundayraspberry Wed 09-Dec-15 09:01:40

You poor thing, what a day! I think your experience is very rare though!

It might be a good idea to ring them to check about the rash, the bruises and aching might be from putting you in recovery position when you passed out? Either way I'm sure they would appreciate the thanks despite your experience. Hope you feel better soon!

fourpawswhite Wed 09-Dec-15 14:57:01

Thanks raspberry. Yes, I agree completely, not what they or I were expecting. The lovely lovely nurse kept saying that she had been there 10 years and only seen one person react like that.

I went back this morning and I seem to have had an allergic reaction to the dye. I am glad I went because if they had not seen the rash and bruising they would have done it again under anesthetic and god knows what state I would be in now.

I will take them some choccies or something in when I feel a bit better. Cosied up with blanket and puppy now.

fourpawswhite Wed 09-Dec-15 14:57:40

Sorry, what state I would be in then, not now.

Junosmum Thu 10-Dec-15 09:27:52

Sounds like an allergic reaction to something they were using!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now