Talk

Advanced search

anyone managed to get pregnant after first period after breastfeeding?

(9 Posts)
Motheroftheforest Tue 08-Dec-15 21:40:37

Hi everyone! My DD is 2 next week we are still breastfeeding but my period came back November 14th. OH and me weren't careful this month and did the deed right around the time ovulation may have happened. I haven't had a period for 2 years 8 months so I'm not sure whether I would have ovulated or not or if I'll even get a period this month (who knows last months period could have been a fluke since my daughter still feeds like a newborn!). Just wondered
If anyone got pregnant fast after it coming back?.

Motheroftheforest Tue 08-Dec-15 21:41:35

Just to add I could be 10dpo and have been getting negatives on FRERS and cheapy tests

Lilipot15 Tue 08-Dec-15 21:43:59

I never had my period back and got pregnant as soon as I stopped feeding, but night feeds had been down for quite some time.

cosmicglittergirl Tue 08-Dec-15 21:46:15

I had one very light period when my daughter was eight months old, then got pregnant when she was nine!
So yes. I now have a 2.3 and a 9 month old.

Gunpowder Tue 08-Dec-15 21:48:17

I didn't get my period back! Obvs caught the first egg. Only happened when I cut down to 1-2 feeds a day though. DD1 was 22 months I think. Just realised I haven't had a period for four years ...

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Tue 08-Dec-15 21:54:43

I fed my daughter till she was 15 months. She was on solid food as well from about 4 months (this was a long time ago, recommendations were different then) but she was still feeding quite a lot (I didn't go back to paid employment outside the home).

I had my first period after she was born when she was about 11 months. I expected my periods to be irregular for a while because they always had been, so I thought nothing of it when I didn't have another one for several weeks. Then it occurred to me that I was feeling very sick and it was a very familiar feeling. The reason for the sickness celebrates his 22nd birthday fairly soon! 19.5 month gap. That was a bit of a surprise.

Motheroftheforest Tue 08-Dec-15 21:59:52

Thanks girls!. Wow 4 years without one. I was quite enjoying not having mine just hoping she doesn't show up again and we may have caught the egg this month although the negative tests aren't any help!.

imip Tue 08-Dec-15 22:16:03

Yes! four times!

In very sad circumstances, I found out I was pregnant 9 weeks after the stilbirthof dd1. While I didn't get the chance to bf, I did have loads of ill and was engorged and got mastitis. I had one period 4 weeks after her birth and then got preg.

Dd2 was born 10 months later. I bf for 10months and got preg after the first period. Dd3 was born with a 19 month age gap.

I finished bf dd3 at 11 months and got preg on first period. There is a 20 month age gap with dd4.

My periods returned at 13 months with dd4 and I fell preg on the first period with a 22 month age gap. I was sterilised during the section with dd5.

I had primary infertility with dd1. All dc were planned, and with the last 4 we dtd every second day from day 7 - so v deliberately trying to get preg.

DramaAlpaca Tue 08-Dec-15 22:17:47

Yes, that's why there's a 16 month gap between DC1 & DC2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now