Talk

Advanced search

BFP Advice Needed

(8 Posts)
Canon15 Tue 08-Dec-15 11:22:33

AF was due 3rd Dec but nothing came. I planned to test a week after AF due but last night I had a bowel movement (sorry TMI) and there was blood in the basin and when I wiped (my front area). I was shocked as I was convinced I was pregnant. I decided to do a test this morning which I did and it came up Pregnant 1-2 weeks! However I am worried as to why I bled! I am not totally sure where the bleeding was from specifically but I haven't bled since.

Should I go see my doctor?

The other confusing thing is that my test came up 1-2 weeks pregnant but I would have thought I was 2-3 weeks as I know when I would have conceived. Could it be that I have miscarried and therefore the hormone levels are lower and the test result came up lower than it should have?

Any advice would be great! Many thanks

Canon15 Tue 08-Dec-15 13:12:32

Any advice anyone? Many thanks

Runner05 Tue 08-Dec-15 14:05:03

Hi, didn't want to read and run.

Digital dating tests are well known for being inaccurate so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Also many women have spotting or small bleeds during pregnancy. At this stage there won't be much a Dr can do so you're probably best getting some red ink pregnancy tests and monitoring yourself for a few days.
The fact that the bleeding has stopped is positive though so try not to worry.

Canon15 Tue 08-Dec-15 14:21:17

Thanks Runner!

I will buy some new cheap tests then and keep checking. I take it if I have miscarried I would eventually get a negative test?

Runner05 Tue 08-Dec-15 15:33:45

Yes, if that has happened then eventually the line would fade but I would continue as if you're pregnant as if you had miscarried you would have more likely had a full blown period. I would think it is just a small seepage.

Horribly personal question but are you sure it came from there? If you were straining for a poo at the time then could it have been blood on your poo instead? It's quite common if you're a bit constipated to tear something and get a little blood, piles are also very common in pregnancy there's a lovely thought for you

Canon15 Tue 08-Dec-15 17:53:10

Well that's the thing I wondered as I have been horribly constipated the last week and thought it could have been from there. Has happened in the past. I am going to continue as if I am though not sure how to tell my hubby.

He doesn't know just yet and would hate to tell him I am pregnant and then a few days later it turns out I am not anymore. I will probably give it another week and keep testing and when I am more positive everything is okay I will then tell him.

Thanks Runner

Flossiesmummy Tue 08-Dec-15 19:45:28

Seconding everything runner has said. Congrats btw !

Francescal88 Fri 11-Dec-15 21:43:53

Bit horrible but when I was pregnant and, ahem, straining on the toilet, sometimes it would make my cervix bleed. I assumed because it was so engorged with blood during early pregnancy? I never bothered to get it checked out and had a textbook pregnancy otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now